realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
Goddess of honesty and fairness in contracts and negotiations.
Suggested News Resources
- SEC alleges widespread fraud at Aequitas, sues top execs
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission moved decisively into the Aequitas Capital Management scandal Thursday, suing the Lake Oswego company and three top executives for allegedly running a $350 million Ponzi scheme.
- Judge denies motion to delay Aequitas trial
- A federal judge has denied a motion to postpone a civil trial involving Aequitas Capital Management. The firm last week asked for a delay because of its ongoing cash crisis. The firm has stopped making payments on $321 million in outstanding private notes.
- A look at Aequitas' history of litigation
- Plaintiff's lawyers appear poised to file civil lawsuits against officers and directors of Aequitas Capital Management after the firm suddenly stopped making payments on private notes, or certificates of deposits, held by investors.
- Lost in translation: Aequitas gets its first listing, but any real market
- The main goal of Aequitas is to “pressure the monopolistic cost structure” currently enjoyed by TMX Group Ltd., which owns the dominant Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange. Many Bay Street denizens gripe that stranglehold allows TMX to ...
- Aequitas hires bankruptcy counsel, seeks delay of federal trial
- Aequitas Capital Management has hired bankruptcy counsel and asked a federal court to delay a pending trial in Southern California, according to a legal filing made Thursday. The Lake Oswego firm, which managed $1.