Egyptian. Also widely known as Stella Maris (Star of the Sea). She is the very well known Egyptian Goddess associated with rebirth and motherhood, and her cult became very popular in many areas during Roman imperial times. That cult has had a powerful impact on the development of Christianity in general and the accretion of beliefs surrounding the Virgin Mary in particular: it has long been noted that early images of Mary and the Christ child bear a striking similarity to contemporaneous images of Isis and Horus.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Story of Osiris, Isis and Horus: The Egyptian Myth of Creation
- The Story of Osiris, Isis and Horus: The Egyptian Myth of Creation.
- CDS/ISIS for Windows Manual (version 1.5)
- CDS/ISIS is a menu-driven generalized Information Storage and Retrieval system The first version of this manual, referring to CDS/ISIS 1.
Suggested News Resources
- Mobile payment security apps coming to NFC-ready smartphones
- By Matt Hamblen Visa expects to license its own software, called PayWave, to the upcoming near-field communication (NFC) smartphones sold by the three wireless carriers in the Isis consortium, a Visa spokeswoman said yesterday.
- New Multi-Player Isis Online Casino Slot Game Launched at Platinum Play Australia
- Platinum Play Australia has recently launched the new Multi-Player Isis video slot game. The game has a 1250000 coins jackpot and features many bonus enhancements.
- Visa vs.Google Wallet in mobile payments
- The company has already joined up with another digital wallet initiative known as Isis. Isis is a joint venture formed by three of the top four major wireless carriers, AT&T, Verizon Wireless, and T-Mobile USA.
- Transgender Contestant Returns to "America's Next Top Model"
- By Greg Wilson Transgender model Isis King will be back to compete on the upcoming season of "America's Next Top Model.
- Smoke only on smoko:boss
- Isis Central Sugar Mill general manager John Gorringe proudly displays the company's new smoking policy, which is taking proactive steps to help employees quit.
Suggested Web Resources
- Isis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Isis or in original more likely Aset (Greek: Ἶσις) was a goddess in Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, whose worship spread throughout the Greco-Roman world.
- ISIS Women's Outdoor Clothing - Official Site - Buy Authentic ISIS
- Performance outdoor clothing for active women, By active women.
- Welcome to ISIS
- Isis is a mobile payment network joint venture formed by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon. Use your Isis mobile wallet to shop, pay, and save. All with your phone.
- ISIS is available 7:00 am to 4:30 am Eastern Time, Monday through Saturday, and 10:00 am to 4:30 am Sunday.
Related searches4000 bc
theodor fontane famous quote
definition of physical health
theocracy historical theocracies