Egyptian. Also widely known as Stella Maris (Star of the Sea). She is the very well known Egyptian Goddess associated with rebirth and motherhood, and her cult became very popular in many areas during Roman imperial times. That cult has had a powerful impact on the development of Christianity in general and the accretion of beliefs surrounding the Virgin Mary in particular: it has long been noted that early images of Mary and the Christ child bear a striking similarity to contemporaneous images of Isis and Horus.
Suggested News Resources
- US military won't hold ISIS detainees more than 30 days, policy not 'nailed down'
- On Thursday, 12 Republican senators, including presidential candidates Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, introduced a resolution to send the captured ISIS fighters to Guantanamo Bay. Warren acknowledged Friday the U.S.
- German media: Paris attackers mentioned in leaked ISIS documents
- (CNN) The names of three Paris attackers are found among 22,000 purported ISIS documents that surfaced this week, German public broadcasters reported Friday. The trove of documents includes mentions of Samy Amimour, Ismael Omar Mostefai and ...
- American accused of assisting men in Isis attack at anti-Islam event in Texas
- Abdul Malik Abdul Kareem is charged with providing support to Isis for what prosecutors describe as a crucial behind-the-scenes role in a plot by two friends to shoot up a prophet Muhammad cartoon contest in the Dallas area.
- Vietnam-era planes used against ISIS
- During their deployment, the planes flew 120 combat missions against ISIS targets as part of the counter-ISIS coalition, said spokesman Capt. Bryant Davis of U.S.
- In a first, U.S. forces in Jordan have attacked ISIS in Syria
- Soldiers of 2nd Battalion, 130th Field Artillery fire reduced-range practice rockets from a High-Mobility Artillery Rocket System June 14, 2015, at Fort Riley, Kan.
Related searchestransportation in cairo nile ferry
aston martin db7 v12 gt and gta
panspermia the panspermia theory
prussian blue uses