Gaulish/Continental. This is a native Celtic divinity who was identified by the Romans as the Celtic version of their own Mercurius/Hermes. His Celtic Name was ignored and has not survived. He seems to have been a God of prosperity, and skill in artisanship. He is closely associated with Rosmerta, although the Latin Mercurius had no Consort. His attributes, and what little is known of his worship, and an analysis of the location of his shrines, all suggest fairly strongly that He may be the Gallic version of Lugh.
Suggested News Resources
- Mercury's mysterious surface darkness revealed
- This oblique image of Basho on Mercury shows the distinctive dark halo that encircles the crater. The halo is composed of so-called Low Reflectance Material (LRM), which was excavated from depth when the crater was formed.
- Discovery of carbon on Mercury reveals the planet's dark past
- "Mercury's surface was significantly darker than we could account for on the basis of our understanding of Mercury's surface chemistry," said Dr Patrick Peplowski, from the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, and lead author on the study.
- Unilever settles mercury poisoning claims
- Indian activists hold placards during a protest outside the Hindustan Unilever company's office in Mumbai on June 29, 2015. Activists and local residents from Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu state demonstrated over mercury contamination from Hindustan ...
- Sacha Baron Cohen: I quit Freddie Mercury biopic after dispute with Queen
- Sacha Baron Cohen has revealed he walked away from a high-profile role as Freddie Mercury because the surviving members of Queen wanted a substantial part of the film to focus on them. Speaking to the US radio host Howard Stern, Baron Cohen said he ...
- Casting announced for 'The Producers' at Mercury
- Bill Larkin and Matt Crowle will star as Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom, respectively, with Allison Sill as Ulla. The cast also features Harter Clingman as Franz Liebkind, Jason Richards as Roger De Bris and Sawyer Smith as Carmen Ghia. The ensemble ...
Related searchescsng language
great mississippi flood abatement
norman davies biography
dream analysis book
gretchen wilson singles
congressional black caucus
osiris the osirian sacrament