Persian/Mesopotamian. Based on a Zoroastrian original (Mitra), Mithras became a virtually universal God in later Imperial times, especially among legionary soldiers. An austere and highly ethical Divinity, Mithras demanded honourable conduct, obedience to authority, truthfulness, loyalty, and personal rectitude. His cult was in direct competition with early Christianity, and may very well have won out in the end, were it not for the fact that it was an exclusively male religion; females of any species were not permitted within the sanctuaries. Christianity, while taking a dim view of females, nevertheless allowed them in the church as long as they behaved themselves, and so had a broader appeal.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Mithras. MikroWin Version 4.18.
- December 25: The Birthday of the Iranian God, Mithra and Jesus of
- Grass-land magnate Mithra we worship, whose words the hymn in the Avesta, we are also aware of the presence of the god Mithra or Mithras (Vedic.
- Mithraic Mysteries
- Alan Davies: Just the two of them, were there? Mithraic Mysteries.
Suggested News Resources
- Take the war against drug addiction to classroom
- Retired Interpol Drug Specialist, Rama Sundaralingam says, â€œDrug abuse is not considered a priority issue, but it is important to take the war against drug addiction to the classroom, not the court room.
- Meet your local bobby
- are encouraged to discuss crime and anti-social behaviour issues. The Heddon drop-in event will be held at Mithras Gardens between 2pm and 3pm. The Ponteland session will take place on Saturday, August 20 in Merton Hall, Merton Way, from 10am to 11am.
- New smart phone app lays bare Londinium
- L. Users can find the underground location of such sites as the Temple of Mithras, amphitheatre, forum and basilica, central to Roman civic life, and long since buried under a 20-foot (6.09 metre) build up of ground surface and modern structures.
- Referee recognised
- “When I returned, I continued on local leagues and was promoted to the Metropolitan and Mithras Floodlit Leagues as a linesman.
Suggested Web Resources
- Mithraic mysteries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Mithraic Mysteries were a mystery religion practised in the Roman Empire from about the 1st to 4th centuries AD.
- Jesus as a reincarnation of Mithra
- Mithra was born on December 25th as an offspring of the Sun.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Mithraism
- A pagan religion consisting mainly of the cult of the ancient Indo-Iranian Sun-god Mithra.
- MITHRAS | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos
- MITHRAS's official profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
- Mithraism - Dress Rehearsal for Christianity
- Mithraism anticipated Christianity in all major respects bar one, and enjoyed a ' reign' of at least five centuries.
Related searchesthe old duke
daily angels sayings
dream dictionary menstruation
monk eastern orthodox monks