Garlic: A Great Herb For Winter!
Garlic is used for the common cold, and sore throat. It is a
natural antibiotic and antiviral. It can be used for ear
infections in children, high blood pressure, high
colesterol, fungal infections, chronic or recurrent
infections, frequent yeast infections, or for low resistance
to infection. Studies are showing more and more what a
great multi-purpose herb Garlic is.
It is available in raw cloves, dehydrated powder, oil,
extract in tablets or capsules, and tinctures. My husband
loves garlic and cooks with it frequently. He is hardly
You should tell your Dr. if you are having surgery and have
been using alot of garlic, because it is a blood thinner.
One of our favorite ways to prepare fresh garlic, is to
clean several pods and place in foil after rolling in olive
oil. If we have the grill going, we just toss it on the
grill for 15 to 20 minutes. If not, you can just put it in
the oven. Cook until soft. It is delicious!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Garlic - The Herb Society of America
- Garlic. An Herb Society of America Guide. The Herb Society of America ..
- Starters and Snacks Homemade Soup bowl / cup
- Honey Mustard, Ginger Wasabi, Creamy Roasted Garlic Herb. Melt House/ fresh receive great discounts, our monthly e-news letter & become our best Winter Chicken/ grilled chicken, honey tomato chipotle sauce, pepper-jack - $9.
- Holiday Party 2011.psd
- Winter Herb Roasted Turkey Breast with Pan. Gravy. Garlic Roasted NY Strip Loin with Natural jus.
- Herb Book+.indd
- Onions, Garlic, and Salad Herbs . . .
Suggested News Resources
- The Veggie Girl: Summer savory and its winter cousin
- Savory was a popular herb in ancient Rome, where it flavored vinegar as one of their main condiments and was a component in many of their sauces.
- Preserving the flavors of summer -- ideas to make the most of the mountain of
- Chizmar cooks the tomatoes down in fat (a confit) before adding his herbs and garlic. He cooks it over low heat for a long time, until the moisture content is just right.
- Gardening checklist for late winter
- Start sowing carrots, beets, radish, lettuce, onions; plant garlic, and brassicas. Start chitting, or sprouting, potatoes in a warm dry place. Plant strawberries and herbs like thyme, oregano and sage.
- Garden-fresh meal an inspiration
- Anything goes with this dish – pieces of squash, string beans, peppers, leeks, tomatoes and basil can be quickly sauteed in olive oil with garlic and tossed with your favorite pasta.
- Outdoor Dining at Bridgetown Mill House
- It had a lot of flavor, with hints of pernod, saffron and fresh herbs. It was loaded with clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops and a large piece of seared fluke. It seemed to have been cooked out of sequence with the rest of the dishes.
Suggested Web Resources
- Herb and Garlic Roasted Winter Root Vegetables Recipe
- Jan 13, 2011 These Herb and Garlic Roasted Winter Root Vegetables provide a great introduction.
- vegetable gardening in winter
- Grow Vegetables & Culinary Herbs in Winter It is at it's best in cool weather, but will not stand heavy frost. Harvest leaves, or the . [4 page garlic fact sheet] There is little more rewarding than work than harvesting your own garlic.
- Top 5 Herbs & Spices for Winter Woes
- But these herbs and spices can help soothe your aches and sniffles -- and may even help you get Despite overblown claims about garlic's healing properties, it's worth keeping in your anti-cold arsenal. Mint is also a great stomach soother.
- How to Grow the Garlic herb.
- 3 days ago Message: Most of my garlic grown over the winter here in CA was ready for harvest this What would be the best time to get them started?
- Recipes for Winter Squash
- Roasted-Garlic Pumpkin Bisque with Herb Potato Dumplings Baked Stuffed Winter Squash.
Related searchesyoungstown ohio history
sylvia browne criticism
speech in buddhism
list of extinct animals asia
cotopaxi the volcano
sugar glider habitat