The Candle Contest
Once upon a time, four young witches visited an elder at her small house where they talked long into the night about many wondrous things. Finally it came time to sleep and the elder said, "I'm sorry friends... but there is only one spare bed, so the rest must sleep on the floor."
"So who should get the bed?" asked one.
"And how should we decide?" asked another.
The elder thought for a moment and said, "I'll place a candle on the table for each of you to blow out... and the one to use the best magick will win the bed."
So the first witch approached the candle and focused on the air. Soon a strong wind was circling the room and knocking pictures from the walls. Finally the wind hit upon the candle and blew out the flame.
"Very good," said the elder as she re-lit the candle and re-hung the pictures, "Who would like to try next?"
So the second witch approached the candle and focused on the flame. Soon the flame was three-feet tall and burning like a torch. The candle was quickly consumed and the flame snuffed itself out.
"Again very good," said the elder as she set out a new candle and inspected the ceiling for scorch marks, "And who would like to try next?"
So the third witch approached the candle and focused on the wax. Soon the wax was melting and forming a gooey puddle that ran off the table.
The wick was eventually drowned and the flame sputtered out.
"Again very good," said the elder as she set out a new candle and pried melted wax off the table, "And who is left to try?"
So the fourth witch, who was the youngest of all, approached the candle and thought for a moment. Then licking her thumb and forefinger, she reached out her hand and pinched out the flame.
"Ah ha!" said the elder, "That's the best of all!"
"What?" cried the others. "How can that be? You said the best magick would win!"
"And it has," said the elder, "For the first, best magick is sometimes simple mundane effort."
So it was that the three witches had to sleep on the floor, and the youngest got the bed.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Warehouse Firefighting Robot Objective The goal of this competition
- The robot must find a candle and extinguish it in the shortest time possible. Dimensions and Specifications.
- Candle of the Month: Lilac
- All contest winners must achieve 2k title or higher by end of contest. 3. For every ..
- Trinity College Firefighting Robot Contest Rules - 2010
- A robot must extinguish the candle in at least one of its first two trials to qualify for a third trial in the competition.
- The Amended Rules_Eng (20 May 2011)
- May 20, 2011 Outline of the contest (Page7).
- Po Leung Kuk 7th Primary Mathematics World Contest Problems for
- Problems for Team Contest Candle A, one centimeter longer than Candle B, was lit at 5:30 pm and At 9:30 pm, the two candles were of the smae length.
Suggested News Resources
- Around the house
- The '70s enter the fray with bold prints and graphics, and accessories such as industrial-style lamps and even a candle holder shaped like a giant spool of thread.
- Scent of Kendall mom's dessert to be sold at Bath & Body Works stores
- Kendall home cook Naylet LaRochelle, shown here with hiusband Greg, competes in the Bath & Body Works kitchen as part of the My Candle Recipe Contest. Her dessert recipe of Maple Sticky Toffee Pudding will be made into a scented holiday candle.
- Patently broken
- (A pin was pushed into a melting candle. When it dropped, the auction ended.
- Spend Saturday enjoying bacon, sangria
- The Candle Lab, which is sponsoring the event, will allow BaconCampers to pour their own bacon-scented candles.
Suggested Web Resources
- Candle Contest Angel Scented Soy Candles
- Candle Contest. Win a free candle from Angel Scented Soy Candles. We are having a contest to give away free candles!
- Candle Contest Information
- Please read our rules for a chance to win FREE candles and various products from fabulous candle companies across the country.
- Kringle Candle Contest
- Kringle Candle Contest. Created on Monday, 14 March 2011 16:15; Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 March 2011 20:37. Hits: 285.
- Kringle Candle Contest - YouTube
- Feb 23, 2011 www.kringlecandle.com Don't miss the Kringle Candle "Haul" of Fame contest!
Related searchesabandoned village cyprus
list of tea companies ireland
1780s events and trends
snow-white miriam interpretation