Hyosycamus niger POISON
Folk Names: Black Nightshade, Cassilago,
Cassilata, Deus Caballinus, Devil's Eye,
Hebenon, Henbells, Hogsbean, Isana,
Jupiter's Bean, Jusquiame, Poison Tobacco,
Power: Love-Bringing, Attracting Rain
This herb is sometimes used to bring love. The story goes that, "to bring love, a man should gather henbane naked, early in the morning, while standing on one foot" :). Wear it to arrtact love. Burned ourdoors, it attracts rain. Note, that the herb AND its fumes are POISONOUS.
Suggested News Resources
- Studying Ancient Anthropogenic Impacts on Current Floral Biodiversity in the
- These include Eragrostis pilosa (soft lovegrass, early Iron Age), Portulaca oleracea, Raphanus raphanistrum, Salsola kali, Hyoscyamus albus, and Vigna luteola (species of Purslane, Wild Radish, Saltwort, Henbane and Vigna, appear in the late Iron Age).
- Was William Shakespeare a stoner?
- New correspondence published in the South African Journal of Science highlights how an analysis of residue found in early 17th-century tobacco pipes excavated in Stratford-upon-Avon, central England, found indications of cannabis and nicotine.
- Rare 500-year-old illustrated medical book shows doctors analysing urine to
- Then make a plaster of henbane seed and apply it to his temples"'. Many of the detailed drawings provide an insight into the relationship between humans and animals at the time.
- The 50 Best Metal Albums Of 2013
- I shared all that correspondence with Aaron, Wyatt, and Doug, and I can say without qualification that we were, to a man, humbled and moved.
- Deadly and hallucinogenic Amazonian plant shoots up in British garden... after
- A tropical hallucinogenic plant used to make poisonous Amazonian arrowheads has stunned plant experts by popping up in an English garden. At first, Sharon Nowell thought the green shoots appearing in her parents' garden were the beginnings of a ...