What do my dreams mean I can see the furture in my dreams?
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
Prophetic Dreams in Ancient Times Dreams have fascinated man since the dawn of time, and many records have been found showing accounts of dreams and the role they played in ancient time. Many thought that dreams were a way to keep in close contact with the gods, or even a way to predict the future. Others
visited medicine men or soothsayers to find out their dreams'
Throughout the ages, priests and wisemen from every culture around
the globe have been looked toward to help with troubling dreams. The
lamas of Tibet and the elders of Africa used dreams to help analyze a
sickness or disease and help find a course of treatment. Looking at
dreams was also a way to see if a person was ready for a ritual or
initiation, such as with priests and cultists.
Dreams were though of as a "threshold" from the daylight to the
darkness, life and death. And the barrier that was in between, was
man's fear of death. Throughout history, figures in dreams have been
thought of as "souls of the dead," and messengers from the spirit
world here to open up your spirit to guidance and divination. If you
were able to accept the messages that came to you in your dreams, you
were at peace with death and could accept what comes.
Many groups and cults have focused on dreams, as in the Celtic world,
where shrines and sleep chambers were built where offerings could be
made to the powers that be. Priests would sleep in specially made
hides in these chambers, hoping that their dreams would bring answers
to a particular question he had. Even many rulers in China would
sleep in temples, hoping for advice and guidance to come from the
spirits of the city that they ruled.
The most famous of the dream cults was the cult of Asklepios.
Asklepios was the son of Apollow, the god of prophecy, and was
supposed to be a mythical healer. He was associated with the power of
the underworld and healing powers of water, trees, snakes, music, and
art. Dream shrines of this cult were found all throughout the
Mediterranean and clusters of the dream centers were set in
beautiful, open places. Rituals and cleansings were performed,
followed by sacrifices and prayers to the god.
In North America, a special type of spirit protector, or incubation
area was made for a "Vision Quest." It was hoped that powers would
come to protect and nourish the tribe or group, and great success
would be found in hunting, recovery from illness, as well as helping
to exact revenge on enemies. Even the naming of a child was looked at
in the Vision Quest, in hopes that the gods would bring luck and
A usual procedure for a Vision Quest, as with the Crow Indians, was
to enter into solitude that might last for four days. Visions would
usually come on the fourth night, usually with a mythical figure
appearing with an answer to the person's questions and hopes.
Whatever the culture, one thing is definitely a common thread: Dreams
were revered and looked at for cures, healing, and ways to obtain
prosperity. Maybe it is one of many links that ancient (and modern)
cultures share, and with each new day, we find more and more
information that reveals just how common all cultures really are.
Maybe it is through our hopes and dreams we will find the thread that
ties and binds us all together.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Power of Premonitions: How Knowing the Future Can Shape
- 2. What's a premonition? “Premonition” literally means “forewarning.
- Meditations on First Philosophy in which are demonstrated the
- I can do this without showing that all my beliefs are false, in my dreams I am convinced of just such familiar events— So in future, if I .. and see.
- Detroit Book
- Check out What Kids Can Do, Inc. and Next Generation Press .. Can you see my faith, talents, love, thoughts, dreams, or insecurities?
- “This I Believe” Readings College Life 2011 Unit One: Goal Setting
- you should write it down first so you have something on paper you can see. I am going to continue setting goals in my life so I can reach the dreams I have. When I tell people I have the best job in the world I really mean it.
- Contributing to the Future
- Experience—Pursuing My Dreams . . .
Suggested News Resources
- Saul Alvarez vs Alfonso Gomez Interview Transcript
- I know that's the dream of every fighter who gets pretty good. How much would a world title mean to you? Well it's not only getting a world title, it's getting a world title against a superstar like Canelo.
- Conflicting Dreams
- “It's a hurting feeling, because you want to see your kids do better than you.” Boeing has its own dreams. Take its tour and you'll hear about a future of faster, smoother production.
- Top Moments: It Takes Two on Glee Project, True Blood Dreams Up an Unsexy
- Cathy quickly puts an end to Rugby Slut's plans with a threat from the beyond: "If you so much as lay one French-manicured hand on him after I'm in the ground, I will claw my way out of the dirt and I will haunt you the rest of your slutty drunk life.
- Full Transcript: Eric Schmidt's Edinburgh Festival Keynote
- To relay information to my first computer you had to punch holes in cards. Today, I can just talk to my phone, or point its camera, or even tilt it, and it understands.
- Why Big, Badass Robots (and Mecha) Rule Japan
- While Japan hasn't developed real 59-foot mechas that can run, fly, and attack, these statues are more than dreams, they're pick me ups for the human spirit.
Suggested Web Resources
- Dream Library - What does my dream mean?
- Well, O.K., we can give you some popular ways to interpret the meaning of a .
- Dream Dictionary | Dream Interpretations by Tony Crisp
- What does my dream mean? – How to explore your dream meanings: There are several ways you can understand the meanings held in your dreams, and there are You can enter a key word in the search box above. To see a working example of this see 'Dream Interpretation Example One'.
- What Do My Dreams Mean From a Biblical Point of View For
- What Do My Dreams Mean From a Biblical Point of View For Beginners Check your bulk/spam folders if you can't find our mail. Learn Biblical Insights to “It is everyone's rite to see into the kingdom of heaven!” 2.
- What Does it Mean to Dream of Death? | Dream Interpretation
- Almost all dreams of dying can be traced back to an overworked, overly anxious In my... What Does it Mean to Dream About Snakes? Snake dreams continue to be the most popular type of.
Related searchesbrachiolaria larvae
kirk hammett biography
how to develop telepathy
george bernard shaw music criticism