realmagick.com The shrine of knowledge.
A Tarot Quiz
- How many cards are in a standard Tarot deck?
- How many cards are in the Major Arcana?
- Name the 4 suits in a standard Tarot deck and what elements they correspond with.
- Which card is said to journey through the Tarot?
- What is the Tarot's connection to modern day playing cards?
- Why is the Rider Waite is such a popular deck...what sets it apart from the others?
- Define court cards.
- Define Arcana.
- Wands-Fire ..... Cups-Water ..... Swords-Air ...... Pentacles-Earth
- The Fool
- In ancient days the Tarot went underground to avoid complete destruction by the churches. It was often disguised in a game form similar to today's playing cards.
- Because it was the first Tarot deck to include pictures for the Minor Arcana rather than just numbered suites. It has since grown in popularity & is the number one selling deck.
- Court cards are the Prince, Princess, Queen, & King
- Arcana- mysterious knowledge, language, or information accessible only by the initiate.
[Editor's note: the names of the suits and court cards often vary from
one tarot deck to another]
Suggested News Resources
- Field Notes: Midterms Draw Suspiciously Nearer Edition
- February is the shortest month of the year, but somehow, it always manages to feel the longest – four full weeks, no days off, and midterms piling up on top of each other like some kind of atrocious academic avalanche.
- What's on in Marlborough this week
- Crafts, glass blowing, wood craft, leather work, tattoos, body piercing, face painting, hair braiding, jewellery, crystals, food, tarot, merry go round, entertainment and lots more. .... Quizmaster Quiz: Clubs of Marlborough, 7.
- A Guide to Reading Tarot Cards for Yourself
- This October, we don't mean to scare. Our #PreenSupernaturalSeries will be crossing over to topics of the supernatural, the occult, horror, and fear. It's okay, we're with you on this.
- Trumping prudery
- The most opulent of them is the Visconti Tarot. With incised, gilded backgrounds, the cards are small, romantic versions of the period's religious, gold-ground paintings. (Tarot was a medieval game with many face cards.
- Faye Orlove finds 'goddesses' among celebrities — and enshrines them in her art
- Whether it's her Celebrity Goddess Tarot Cards featuring everyone from Malala Yousafzai as The Moon to Taylor Swift as The Sun, or her sold out Kardashian votive candles, it's clear Orlove is inspired by powerful women.