Finding (Proving) Homeopathic Healing Properties
The only way the healing properties of a homeopathic medicine can be discovered is by the system of provings.
The provings are performed by groups of healthy volunteers. To get good test results it is necessary to work with healthy people, because
- Homeopathy administers medicines to ill people with symptoms similar to the symptoms healthy people develop if taking the substance in a large dose or frequently repeated dose.
- If the medicines would be tested on ill people it would be very hard to say which symptoms belong to the disease of the person and which ones are caused by the raw material.
Usually the substance is taken in a low potency, a C30 or a C100. The prover will repeat the dose until he develops sick-making symptoms. Volunteering in a proving is a lot of work, because it means that twice a day the person has to write down all his symptoms. Also changes in appreciation or aversion for certain drinks, food or weathertypes have to be reported.
During the test period it is important that the prover avoids great changes in life-style, weather-changes, and mental or emotional disturbing situations. After all these changes might not only influence the test results, but also damage the condition of the prover who is already under stress because of the sick-making substance.
In the end the results of all provers are combined; from the whole of their experiences a drug-image arises.
Nowadays homeopathy focuses more on the psychological symptoms, while in older days the emphasis was on the physical expression of disease. This has led to the system of dream-provings.
In a dream-proving the healthy volunteer lays the test remedy under the pillow. In this type of provings homeopathy works with higher potentized remedies. The energy of the remedy will cause certain dreams, very different from the dreams the volunteer usually has. Often these proving-dreams are filled with symbolic images and clues related to the character of the remedy.
These provings may shed more light on the mental and emotional symptoms, but they are also much more difficult to interpret. I'm not sure if Samuel Hahnemann would find them scientific enough.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HOMEOPATHIC DRUG PROVING GUIDELINES
- homeopathic drug provings within the framework of clinical trial procedures that is We leave it to the sound ethical judgement of any ethical board whether they find it . has been the leading power in formulating guidelines for clinical research which are the basis for approving and authorising new medicinal products.
- Use of anatomy in the field of Homoeopathy
- is to find out what is curative in medicine - -. Knowledge of medicinal powers - - involve - - -. 1.
- The healing powers of tree roots and homeopathy
- The healing powers of tree roots and homeopathy. A new, shaman The approach I used for my search was to find energies that were strongly connected to the .
- Homeopathy for Psychological Problems
- Jan 21, 2008 the homeopathic practitioner MUST individualise the case to find the curative remedy. The healing properties of every homeopathic medicine are collated during being the main symptoms of the remedy in the Proving.
- Homeopathy Works: The Why and the How by Robert Tondo
- Homeopathy is a holistic form of healing that, compared to other holistic medicines . substance to every one hundred to the two hundredth power molecules of .
Suggested News Resources
- Blinded by Science
- Threads of the phenomenon can be found in the ongoing debates about the efficacy of Italian doctor Paolo Zamboni's liberation treatment for multiple sclerosis and in questions about the value of alternative medicine like homeopathy.
Suggested Web Resources
- Homeopathy Principles | HPATHY.COM
- Oct 1, 2009 Homeopathy Principles | Every science has certain fundamental In Homeopathy we prescribe only those medicines whose medicinal properties are known through 'drug proving'. Can't find what you are looking for?
- What is homeopathy and does homeopathy work?
- An overview of homeopathy. It implies, but offers no actual proof of, efficacy.
- Homeopathy - RealMagick
- Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy.
- OTHER TRADITIONAL CANCER TREATMENTS
- Homeopathy was discovered by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann—a German The effects or the medicinal values of the drugs are determined by Drug Proving. Diagnosing an ailment involves finding out the condition of the patient`s qi.
- Homeopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A homeopathic proving is the method by which the profile of a homeopathic .. individualized homeopathy), seem to confirm the finding that more rigorous trials have .. and enhanced "the spirit-like medicinal powers of the crude substances" .
Related searchesgenesis summary
dream analysis fear
american samoa trivia
bayamn puerto rico history
mid-autumn festival hou yi and change