14 - Art
The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But in fact alchemy is an inner process of refining yourself: first look at all the parts of yourself, bring them into your consciousness, accept them and then mingle your male and female side into a perfect mixture. Tantra describes this as finding the inner lover. The Art card shows this integration of male and female: here the dark man and the light woman of the Lovers card (no. 6) have become one androgyne figure. Through the inner synthesis of our opposite sides we become a higher version of ourselves.
Meaning: combination of forces, realization, action based on accurate calculation, harmony, integration, synergy, economy, management.
Reverse: lack of balance, lack of harmony, conflict of nterest, difficulty in understanding others, impatience.
Suggested News Resources
- Spring Guide 2016: 14 Art Openings to Stimulate the Senses
- In New Paintings, Elizabeth Geiger confronts logic and perception, while Dale O. Roberts' Interpretations elevates the ordinary by preserving ephemeral moments on his landscape paintings. Through March 22.
- 14 Artists Show The Strength And Diversity Of Art Made By Women Today
- The show, "Champagne Life," specifically highlights 14 women artists from around the world in an attempt, Hurst says, to "celebrate the strength and diversity of art made by women today." In a period when women are still severely underrepresented in ...
- Documenta 14 Art Exhibition to be held in Athens
- Documenta 14 will take place for the first time in two places, its original venue Kassel between June 10-September 17, 2017 and Athens, Greece between April 8-July 16, 2017. The art event that has been based in the German city of Kassel since 1955 and ...
- Visually Speaking: This week's art news and events (3/14)
- Call for art: Gallery Janjobe, 1860 Mellwood Ave., is seeking art for its exhibition “Out of the Blue.” Entry fee is $20 per item (limit 3).
- Beat Nite 14: Downtown Brooklyn Art Spaces Stay Open Late Feb 26
- Beat Nite made its neighborhood debut in February 2009, featuring all of Bushwick's alternative art spaces and galleries—at the time, only seven. The event grew into a biannual occurrence offering an awesome neighborhood-wide event that many have ...