"We often want one thing and pray for another, not telling the
truth even to the gods."
Affirmations are a powerful way to form a newly
The verb to affirm is derived from the Latin word affirmare, what
means 'making more solid, fasten'. Affirmations are often repeated
declarations of things we desire to come true. We put our ideas
about what we wish to be, have or achieve into words; these ideas
become thoughts; these thoughts become powerful because we believe
them with expectation and because we often repeat them.
Don't under-estimate the last part; a great deal of advertisement
and political propaganda is based on repetition, according to
the rule that 'if you tell a lie a thousand times, people will
start to believe it is truth'.
So belief is very important with affirmations.
Firstly we need the belief that everything is possible, that we
are worthy enough to receive it and that the Universe will grant
us whatever we want from it.
Secondly we increase our belief in the desired new reality through
the constant repetition, the affirming, of our thoughts.
Often repeated affirmations, declared with inner certainty and desire, will surely lead to materialization.
You can speak them out loud, write them down or repeat them in
your head, where and whenever you want. You can put them into
a song and often chant it. The long duration humming of a text
as done by witches is an ancient form of using affirmations.
Start your affirmations with "I", or - even better
- "I am".
These words are the ultimate confirmation of the creative force
you are, and they will set the Universe into motion.
State your affirmations in the present time,
with the inner knowing that everything has always been and will
always be, and now you call it forth it will soon appear within
your frame of time and space.
Be specific in your affirmations to receive the
desired thing. If you want riches for instance, tell the Universe
what kind of riches you seek, is it financial riches, spiritual
riches or riches in your relationships? If you want a house, clearly
affirm what kind of house, or - if you need the house quickly
- ask for the best available house for you.
Speak your affirmations in the positive way;
confirm the things you do want and avoid confirming what you
do not want. After all thoughts are energy, so add power only
to the things you do want. Example: "I am energetic" instead of
"I am no longer tired". Or "I am patient" instead of "I will no
longer react irritable".
Make short and simple affirmations; these
are easy to remember and have a strong emotional value. Short
affirmations contain some sort of rhythm (you lose the rhythm in
a longer text), and this rhythm leads to a harmonious energy-wave
in the brains what adds to the efficiency of your affirmation.
It is important to avoid:
- Affirmations stated in the future time ("I will...or I shall")
because 'tomorrow, tomorrow will always stay one day away'!
If you ask things for the future they will always remain in
the future, since the Universe gives you what you call forth.
- Affirmations starting with "I want", for the same reason:
now the Universe knows that you want it, and that's exactly
what it will present you : a wanting of something, so again
you won't receive it. Say things like "I choose", "I am" or
Remember: Dare to think big when you make affirmations. You are
a Master of the Universe! When you ask much you can receive much,
and don't worry, there's enough for everybody. Still having problems
with abundance: in that case consider that if you have got a lot
yourself, you can give away a lot to others.
Here are some example affirmations:
(one for healing) :
I am love
I am recovering
My body and life are now healed.
I am healthy and energetic.
(to establish a good relationship with yourself, build up self-confidence
and let go of fears and anxiety):
I am light
I am love
I am truth
I am God.
I enjoy myself and my life.
I am slim and attractive.
I am a magical man/woman for………(wow!)
I have a great job with a great salary.
I feel happy in running a financial
I am a great/successful cook - actor
- lover - friend - writer - programmer - healer - etc.
One last word on affirmations: there is a lot you can 'order',
and be open to expect miracles, but...the details are for the
Universe. So please don't complain about the 'wrong' co lour of
the car you got, or the 'wrong' house-number of your new apartment.
Simply be thankful for the gifts of the Goddess.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Self-Affirmation Theory 1 The Psychology of Self-Defense: Self
- Self-affirmation and Responses to Collective Threats .
- Affirmations & Denials - Together for the Gospel
- We are brothers in Christ united in one great cause – to stand together for the Gospel. We are convinced that the Gospel of Jesus.
Suggested News Resources
- Farmers Market Find: Ripe Peaches, Wild Salmon, Ribbon Cookies
- This weekend at the market Affirmations, a community center for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people and their allies, will be selling ribbon-shaped shortbread cookies to support the Steppin' Out Aids Walk & Run scheduled for Sept.
- Chris Linnares' Naturally Diva Line Debuts at Swanson Health Products
- When using the products, I encourage women to repeat the name of the product because these are powerful affirmations designed to support emotional wellness.
- Affirmations and Your Health
- I'm happy to be sharing with you how affirmations can help with some common health challenges. You may have heard about how changing your mind holds the power to change your health and subsequently your life.
- Author Uses Personal Success to Craft Book of Affirmations
- The power of affirmations on one's mind is an effect of the mind's power over itself.
- Positive affirmations: Fort Collins consumers continue shopping habits despite
- Q&A: Consumer confidence in Fort Collins: Fort Collins residents answer the question "How confident are you in the economy?" Brenda Tuttle, left, and Gayle Timm, both of Fort Collins, spend the day shopping Wednesday in Old Town.
Suggested Web Resources
- Positive Affirmations and Positive Thinking to Manifest change
- Jan 10, 2011 Develop a powerful positive mindset. Learn how to use Affirmations and Positive thinking to manifest positive life changes.
- Affirmation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Affirmation is a declaration that something is true.
- Affirmations: Welcome
- Resources for lesbian gay community, list of events, and help line available.
Related searchesbagan history
natasha henstridge bela donna
baritone barbershop baritone
poker chip colors