The Elements of Color Magick
"Color is the place where our mind and the universe
meet each other."
In magick colors represent a certain energy, goal,
person (someone you're working for) or a non-physical being (deity,
- The magickal color meanings highly resemble the psychological
- Magick uses the metal shades gold, silver and copper/bronze
as colors too.
Gold represents the Sun and matters of the Sun, silver the Moon
and copper/bronze Venus. (more on metals in Metal magick)
- The elemental forces each have their own color.
Elemental earth deals with concrete, practical and material
matters; your physical life on this planet, like jobs, houses,
real estate, nature, fertility, healing, money, food. Earth-colors
are dark green, black and brown.
Elemental fire represents the creative impulse, insights,
self-assurance and energy to undertake matters; use it for success
in undertakings, sexual love, strength, courage, sports, to
win games and solve conflicts in your advantage. Red is the
right color here.
Elemental water is about feelings and emotions, atmospheres
and nurturing; the emotional part of love and relationships/partnerships,
healing of emotional pain, medicine and treatment, receptivity,
dreams, fantasy, acting, compassion. Suitable colors are soft
blue and green.
Elemental air includes the mind, communication, flexibility
and alteration; matters like education, counseling, traveling,
inventing, changing, adapting. Blue tones and yellow are the
Elemental spirit brings the power of unseen worlds; psychic
abilities, inspiration, divination, dowsing, channeling, meditation,
spiritual development. Spirit-colors are white and violet.
Isis, the Egyptian 'mother of all creation', Moon
deity, goddess of love, healing and magickal spells
Always burn at least one white candle to symbolize and reinforce
the contact with pure spirit. Elemental spirit. Angels.
Gods of wisdom, divination and prophecy.
Purification and cleaning on all levels, contact with higher
self and spiritual helpers, (inner) peace, aura-healing,
truth seeking, consecration, spiritual enlightenment, protection
against negativity by raising your vibration, breaking curses,
exorcism, meditation, divination, inspiration, clairvoyance,
invoking spirits White can be a replacement for any other
color your magick requires.
Elemental air. Deities for trade, travel, knowledge and
Life-force, vitality, change, progress, contact, communication,
trade, commerce, to persuade with confidence, joy, cheerfulness,
learning, knowledge, mental clarity, concentration, memorizing,
tests, speaking and writing, traveling, affirmation, visualization.
(Can be replaced by yellow)
Absolute authority, (self)confidence, creativity, perfection,
solar energies, male energy, financial richness, investments,
luxury, winning, worldly power, magickal power, overcoming
Love and passion, for positive relationships in love, friendship
and business, career promotions, negotiations.
Deities of love, passion, sexuality and war (to stimulate
a healthy portion of assertivity).
Great energy, courage, will-power, determination, speed,
assertivity, aggression, masculinity, independence, physical
strength, sports, competition, conflicts, health, sexual
attraction and potency, love and passion, fertility.
(Can be replaced by yellow for the intellectual part, and
green/copper for the social part)
Alterations, intellectual and intuitive insights, technique,
inventions, originality, renewal, brotherhood, humanism.
Elemental water and elemental air.
Deities of the sea, truth and wisdom.
Peace and tranquility, calmness, truth, wisdom, justice,
counsel, guidance, understanding, patience, loyalty and
honor, sincerity, devotion, healing, femininity, prophetic
dreams, protection during sleep, astral projection. .
(can be replaced by white or grey, depending on your magickal
Female energy, cycles, rebirth, reincarnation, healing of
hormonal imbalances, emotional stability, remove or neutralize
negativity, intuition, dreams, psychic abilities and psychic
As you will notice some subjects are mentioned
under several colors. Making your goal specific will help to
choose the right color. For example: you wish to do a ritual
for love. If your goal is passionate and sexual love: choose
red; if your goal is soft love, like mother-child love, or friendship:
take pink; if you strive for unconditional love: take white.
This scheme is based on traditional color use, but it is not
written in stone. Your intuition is still the best source in
Astarte, Phoenician goddess of love and
Magickal use of colors
Select appropriate colors for the altar setting
of a ritual. An altar cloth in a certain color, colored paper
as background, gemstones in suitable colors, flowers in a
specific color, a vase and candlesticks in a certain color/material,
the colors of your clothes, etc…Use your creativity and start
focusing on your magickal desire while preparing your ritual.
Burn colored candles. (also see Candle
Draw your sigils, talismans and symbols in
Write down your prayers, affirmations, invocations
with color pencils.
Visualize colored light. First visualize white
light in and around you, purifying/protecting you and your
sacred space. Next imagine yourself being filled up with the
desired color (or colors, one by one), entering you through
your crown chakra. Then breathe or direct this colored energy
into your visualized magickal goal. Repeat this until it feels
sufficient. Finish with again bringing white light in and
Another way of using colored light: start
the ritual with visualizing white light first, followed by
light in the color you need; perform your ritual, and when
it's time to send the energy into your goal: send it into
a beam of colored light.
When working for persons it can be very helpful
to have their photograph, or piece of paper with their full
address, in a colored envelope or colored bag or so. During
the ritual you take the photograph - or address - out of the
envelope and hold it between your hands, meanwhile visualizing
the colored light entering the person. After the ritual put
the photograph back in the envelope and leave it on your altar,
allowing it to absorb more colored energy. (Do the ritual
on 3 successive days and leave the envelope there for another
7 days, or 21 days in serious cases.)
Colors have healing qualities
Last but not least: you can influence the
atmosphere in your surroundings by conscious color use.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE BASICS OF MAGICK
- The Eastern tattvic system uses different symbols and colors. The elements are often used in magick ritual. Magick sees relationships between things.
- The Elements of Magic In the various disciplines that compose the
- The Elements of Magic being, the elements each refer to a distinctive force of personality or part of self.
- Magic Squares
- With origins in centuries old recreational mathematics, magic squares . The elements of the array X are indices into the gray-scale color map named map.
- Ancient Celtic Myth, Magic, and Medicine
- use of the four elements, direction, colors, magic stones, incense, and the lunar calendar.
- Select an Area with the Magic Wand
- You can select groups of similarly colored pixels with the Magic Wand tool.
Suggested News Resources
- Daughters of Eve Q&A: blackpagan
- There is this definite misconception among black Christians that paganism, or Wicca, is devil worship, especially the magick part of it. Among black folks in general there is just an overall lack of awareness that paganism exists.
Suggested Web Resources
- Elements and Magick
- Elements and Magick. Each element has a symbol and color. Colors of the elements are -- earth: brown and green; water: blue; fire: red; air: yellow.
- Color Magick Elements
- Color Magick Elements - Find out about the use of color in magick. Also links to other articles and information.
- The Four Classical Elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water
- A few traditions of Wicca also include a fifth element, which is Spirit or Self.
- The Elements
- Creatures known as Gnomes, a dwarf-like race, symbolize the active magickal principle of the elemental Earth.
- The Elements Of Color Magick | RM.com ®
- The Elements Of Color Magick articles, reference materials. Need more on The Elements Of Color Magick?
Related searchesvanraj chavda
tunnel in the sky plot summary
witchcraft act 1542
kraft dinner microwave directions
16th century events