The quickest planet of our solar system is represented
by the silvery and liquid metal mercury, also known as quick-silver.
Drops of Mercury react on any outside influence (like heat and
cold: the thermometer!), divide themselves into smaller drops,
come together forming bigger drops, and make alloys with most
other metals. The god Mercury with his winged feet is known as
the messenger of the gods; he symbolizes contact, communication,
any transportation, flow, swiftness, playfulness and flexibility.
Gemini symbolizes the communicative aspect of Mercury; Virgo brings
a process to fruition by carefully attending Mercury's details.
According to medical astrology Mercury rules the blood circulation,
the breath, transfer of nervous signals, thinking processes, lungs,
arms and hands, the senses as organs of communication.
Magickal use of mercury:
- Pure mercury is a highly poisonous and devastating substance!!!
It is best replaced by silver.
- Mercurial rituals and spells deal with communication, trade,
commerce, transport, progress, change, travel, mental clarity,
learning, thinking, memorizing, tests, writing and speaking,
persuading with confidence.
A safe way of using Mercury is in one of the homeopathic forms.
is not a medicine for self-medication!
Suggested News Resources
- Mercury's mysterious surface darkness revealed
- This oblique image of Basho on Mercury shows the distinctive dark halo that encircles the crater. The halo is composed of so-called Low Reflectance Material (LRM), which was excavated from depth when the crater was formed.
- Discovery of carbon on Mercury reveals the planet's dark past
- "Mercury's surface was significantly darker than we could account for on the basis of our understanding of Mercury's surface chemistry," said Dr Patrick Peplowski, from the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, and lead author on the study.
- Unilever settles mercury poisoning claims
- Indian activists hold placards during a protest outside the Hindustan Unilever company's office in Mumbai on June 29, 2015. Activists and local residents from Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu state demonstrated over mercury contamination from Hindustan ...
- Sacha Baron Cohen: I quit Freddie Mercury biopic after dispute with Queen
- Sacha Baron Cohen has revealed he walked away from a high-profile role as Freddie Mercury because the surviving members of Queen wanted a substantial part of the film to focus on them. Speaking to the US radio host Howard Stern, Baron Cohen said he ...
- Casting announced for 'The Producers' at Mercury
- Bill Larkin and Matt Crowle will star as Max Bialystock and Leo Bloom, respectively, with Allison Sill as Ulla. The cast also features Harter Clingman as Franz Liebkind, Jason Richards as Roger De Bris and Sawyer Smith as Carmen Ghia. The ensemble ...