Articles on Philosophy
- An Overview: What is Atheism?
- Atheism is non-belief in the existence of god or deities. It originated from the Greek word “atheos” which means ‘without god’.
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
- Question the Premises of Society and Science
- Question the ultimate validity of the basic premises of society, in particular, scientific theory. Do not accept concepts or statements as truthful simply due to weight of tradition or learned opinion. The synthesis of these statements is a healthy skepticism...
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
- The Crystallization of Truth
- There exists One Indivisible Truth , around which all other concepts and systems revolve. Around this central Sun of Reality, every philosophy, religion and social ideal orbits without fail. The search for this essential essence has been a primary focus...
- The True Nature of Intelligence
- The first step taken by the true intellectual toward personal enlightenment, is to understand that there exists something worthwhile to learn. For them the learning process begins in the study of the opinions of others, an activity they ultimately reject...
- Think for Yourself; Question Authority
- The famous magician and occult writer Donald Michael Kraig commences his teachings by writing down the following characters on a blackboard: TFYQA, which means Think For Yourself; Question Authority. It is a sign of his greatness of mind and openness towards...
Philosophy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Brief Overview of the History and Philosophy - Kerr Center
- A Brief Overview of the. History and Philosophy of Organic Agriculture. George Kuepper.
- STRATEGIES. What can I do with this degree? AREAS.
Suggested News Resources
- Philosophy Lite: Salvation leads to discipleship
- By Raymond Smith Salvation, in the Christian faith, means the deliverance of man from the power or penalty of sin.
- Joey Barton: What's behind his Twitter philosophy?
- When he picks up on Piers Morgan for stating "conjuecture [sic] rather than a fact", the palimpsest of Karl Popper's philosophy of science is evident in the distinction. Well, perhaps. Barton says that he is not "pretentious or cynical".
- Between philosophy and diplomacy
- By Sefi Hendler When Bernard-Henri Levy published his book "De la guerre en philosophie" ("On War in Philosophy" ) earlier this year, he never imagined he would become the French president's unofficial adviser on warfare.
- Governor candidate Randles: Voters reject 'next guy in line' philosophy
- By Eli Yokley – August 25, 2011 Posted in: GOV 2012 — If you thought Lt. Governor Peter Kinder was the only Republican candidate for governor, you'd be wrong. In fact, the Lt.
- Deus Ex – Human Revolution: Art director reveals game's art philosophy
- 4 years. That's the amount of time it took to develop the highly anticipated upcoming action adventure title, Deus Ex – Human Revolution.
Suggested Web Resources
- Philosophy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- An open access resource hosted by the University of Tennessee at Martin.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- SEP logo © Metaphysics Research Lab, CSLI, Stanford University · Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Principal Editor: Edward N.
- Philosophy Collection
- Links to canonical philosophic texts available for viewing.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchescg conn charles gerard conn
montreal protocol impact