About Reiki Symbols
"Instead of seeking many other medicines to cure
their illness, I wish people would always honor their own body's
healing ability and take good care of themselves."
A symbol is a communication element intended to
simply represent or stand for a complex of person, object, group,
or idea. It often are graphics or little drawings, which are in
fact a comprimed or simplified reproduction of an idea, meant
to trigger your consciousness or unconsciousness towards that
special meaning. So symbols help us focus and help calling forth
a special type of energy.
Do symbols have power? Yes and no.
When symbols are often seen by many people, all these persons
at a conscious or subconscious level put their energy in it, connect
with it's meaning, and the more often this happens the more powerful
a symbol becomes. Thus symbols like the pentagram and the Aum
symbol have become really powerful; they have become charged.
On the other hand symbols are just that: a symbolic
representation of something. They represent a certain energy,
but are not that energy in itself. Reiki symbols are not the Reiki
itself, but they help us address a certain aspect of the Reiki
energy. Therewith they greatly help us consciously connect to
the energy, which highly promotes single mindedness and intent.
And if your intent is very clear it gives the universe a clear
message of what you want to do or help coming about.
Journey to the red mountain (Tomioka Tessai)
The Reiki energy and the Reiki symbols nurture each
During an attunement they are given to you, what means placed
in your energetic bodies, as a divine sign which says: "you are
now empowered by your Inner Flame, to tap into this energy and
use it." They are the words of divinity which accompany the divine
gift: Reiki. Thus the symbols help one to open up for the gift
of Reiki. (So here the symbols 'support' the Reiki.)
At the same time the master first opens up to channel the energy
through his/her own body and next places the symbols in the aura
and chakras of the student. This means that before receiving any
symbol by the student it is first charged with the full Reiki
stream channeled by the master. (So here the Reiki 'supports'
This process explains why a symbol works better/stronger when
you are first attuned to it, be it one of the original Usui symbols
or any other 'new' Reiki symbol.
This explains also why it is very hard to claim that a newly found
or channeled Reiki symbol should be 'higher vibrational' than
the original ones; they are still charged by that same energy:
Reiki, life-force, Source.
Usui gave four symbols for his Reiki Ryoho: one
for the physical level, the emotional level, the mental and the
spiritual level. Herewith this simple system is complete.
With the growing interest in metaphysics, occult knowledge and
the channeling of other realms during the last decades, a number
of symbols (and additional practices) has been added by Reiki
Many of these new symbols are well worth working with, representing
a positive energy which can be very subtle. Therefore some of
the new symbols are believed to be higher vibrational than the
good old Usui symbols, but what you really do is focusing your
attention to a very subtle part of the energy spectrum. Still
what you channel with these symbols is Reiki, and the base for
every new Reiki branch is still Usui Reiki Ryoho.
If Reiki speaks to you as a simple, yet powerful and effective
system you don't need much to learn for, I would advise you Usui's
If you enjoy consciously working with various energies, wish to
experiment with subtle energies and connect Reiki with other modalities
(crystals, chakras, etc.), I advise you to take courses in one
of the newer Reiki branches. But you may need to check, because
for several new Reiki systems Usui Reiki is a pre-requisite.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Usui Reiki Unleashed Level Two Manual by Peggy L. Jentoft
- familiar with most of the symbols in a Buddhist context prior to receiving Reiki.
- REIKI SHIKI RYOHO III
- With Reiki, once you reach Level III, the last symbol is to be learnt. This is the. Dai -Ko-Mio.
- Antahkarana Healing Symbol
- symbol seems to come from the contrast. Place the image facing the person or area to be healed. Then place your hands on top and do Reiki.
- The True Origins of Reiki
- “Reiki Ryoho Hikkei” that he did not search for the energy to obtain healing ability . • Fiction: Usui-sensei saw Reiki symbols during fasting.
- REIKI - Second Degree Seminar Lecture Notes
- What are the Symbols and how they are used for ….........…............... Page 4.
Suggested News Resources
- The Peninsula Spa by ESPA unveils healing by Reiki
- Therapists trained in First Degree Reiki are able to heal themselves and others, while those taught Second Degree Reiki use specialised symbols to harness positive energy in order to heal remotely.
- Sterling Women Spotlight: Richa Badami, Anahatha
- But, after her father persisted that she look at taking classes in the study of reiki, a spiritual practice meant for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing, she soon had a breakthrough.
- Of Bouquets, Suburbs and 'Urth'
- Too often, though, his symbols and incidents are easily deciphered, which instantly strips them of their mystery and makes them seem transparent as literary devices.
Suggested Web Resources
- Reiki Symbols
- Reiki Symbols: what are they, they meaning, methods of activation,where to apply them.
- The Reiki Symbols
- Reiki symbols are Sanskrit-derived Japanese forms. Sanskrit is the mother- tongue of all other languages.
- The Reiki Symbols and their use
- The Reiki Symbols. Many Reiki Masters consider the Reiki symbols holy and persist in the old Reiki tradition that they must be kept secret.
- Usui Reiki Symbols
- Usui Reiki symbols are sacred and are to be kept confidential.
- REIKI SYMBOLS
- Here are versions of the Reiki Symbols If you do not wish to see them simply do not scroll down this page.
Related searchesbody modification controversy
betsy ross early years
devil may cry story
william henry jackson
tingley coliseum history