About Reiki Symbols
"Instead of seeking many other medicines to cure
their illness, I wish people would always honor their own body's
healing ability and take good care of themselves."
A symbol is a communication element intended to
simply represent or stand for a complex of person, object, group,
or idea. It often are graphics or little drawings, which are in
fact a comprimed or simplified reproduction of an idea, meant
to trigger your consciousness or unconsciousness towards that
special meaning. So symbols help us focus and help calling forth
a special type of energy.
Do symbols have power? Yes and no.
When symbols are often seen by many people, all these persons
at a conscious or subconscious level put their energy in it, connect
with it's meaning, and the more often this happens the more powerful
a symbol becomes. Thus symbols like the pentagram and the Aum
symbol have become really powerful; they have become charged.
On the other hand symbols are just that: a symbolic
representation of something. They represent a certain energy,
but are not that energy in itself. Reiki symbols are not the Reiki
itself, but they help us address a certain aspect of the Reiki
energy. Therewith they greatly help us consciously connect to
the energy, which highly promotes single mindedness and intent.
And if your intent is very clear it gives the universe a clear
message of what you want to do or help coming about.
Journey to the red mountain (Tomioka Tessai)
The Reiki energy and the Reiki symbols nurture each
During an attunement they are given to you, what means placed
in your energetic bodies, as a divine sign which says: "you are
now empowered by your Inner Flame, to tap into this energy and
use it." They are the words of divinity which accompany the divine
gift: Reiki. Thus the symbols help one to open up for the gift
of Reiki. (So here the symbols 'support' the Reiki.)
At the same time the master first opens up to channel the energy
through his/her own body and next places the symbols in the aura
and chakras of the student. This means that before receiving any
symbol by the student it is first charged with the full Reiki
stream channeled by the master. (So here the Reiki 'supports'
This process explains why a symbol works better/stronger when
you are first attuned to it, be it one of the original Usui symbols
or any other 'new' Reiki symbol.
This explains also why it is very hard to claim that a newly found
or channeled Reiki symbol should be 'higher vibrational' than
the original ones; they are still charged by that same energy:
Reiki, life-force, Source.
Usui gave four symbols for his Reiki Ryoho: one
for the physical level, the emotional level, the mental and the
spiritual level. Herewith this simple system is complete.
With the growing interest in metaphysics, occult knowledge and
the channeling of other realms during the last decades, a number
of symbols (and additional practices) has been added by Reiki
Many of these new symbols are well worth working with, representing
a positive energy which can be very subtle. Therefore some of
the new symbols are believed to be higher vibrational than the
good old Usui symbols, but what you really do is focusing your
attention to a very subtle part of the energy spectrum. Still
what you channel with these symbols is Reiki, and the base for
every new Reiki branch is still Usui Reiki Ryoho.
If Reiki speaks to you as a simple, yet powerful and effective
system you don't need much to learn for, I would advise you Usui's
If you enjoy consciously working with various energies, wish to
experiment with subtle energies and connect Reiki with other modalities
(crystals, chakras, etc.), I advise you to take courses in one
of the newer Reiki branches. But you may need to check, because
for several new Reiki systems Usui Reiki is a pre-requisite.
Suggested News Resources
- Dream Care/Soul Care Art” opens
- Visionary artist Carnahan is a Haden Institute certified dream coach, spiritual director, reiki master and songwriter. She began Dream Care Soul Art ... This exhibit reflects Jungian concepts of archetypes and symbols.
- The 6 Most Common Dreams and What They Mean For You
- Our subconscious connects with us through pictures and symbols. Most of the time, our dreams are unique and speak to what's going in specifically in our lives. But there are several common dreams that everyone seems to experience from time to time and ...
- Lichaam en geest worden verwend in 't Kruidenhuys
- Het gaat daarbij om 'healing symbols' en 'Wall of angels'. Ronny: "De 'healing symbols' zijn edelstenen met een zeer helende werking, bijvoorbeeld om het evenwicht in jezelf terug te vinden.
- What Is A Level Three Reiki Healer? Ken In 'Magic Mike XXL' Says He Is A Pro
- Students practice healing on others, receive additional attunement, and are given the three "reiki symbols." The intention is to increase the student's ability to channel life force energy and share it with others.
- How Healers Became the New Gurus of Hollywood
- A relic of California's woo-woo culture of the 1960s, when "good vibes" weren't something society snickered at, crystals, hypnotherapy, reiki and ancient studies are back and bigger than ever — just like bell-bottoms!
Related searchesbbc radio 4 religion and ethics
united states air force trivia
standard cantonese pinyin
meaning snake dreams dictionary
chile national symbols
shaitan wheel of time