From Self-Doubt to Self-Assurance: The Inner Journey of The Fool
Lack of self-confidence is an unseen enemy for many people. This foe keeps us from doing what we would love to do, from taking decisions that are good for us, and from expressing our uniqueness. Many men and women are flowers that never open up.
I know what I am talking about. Some years ago I felt like a dried flower myself, feeling unworthy and guilty and believing statements like: “You dare not do this, you will never succeed in that, you won’t come any further than making just a small start.” And then the story went on with: “If you would do or act like this for me, than at least you would solve something in my life and you would do something that makes sense.”
This is no special story. It appears in a myriad of variants and it ruins the lust for life for so many persons having received this basic message: “You are no good.” If you hear it often enough you’ll tend to believe it. And if you are no good, than you don’t deserve a good treatment, or attention for yourself, or other forms of love. At least you think so.
I have a suggestion: go through your old photographs and find a picture of yourself as a young child. Look at the openness, the innocence and the sparks of joy in these eyes. Feel the confidence this child has in the goodness of life. Sense the enthusiasm with which it undertakes something new.
This child is not lost; it forms an inseparable part of you. When you are grown up this child is referred to as the ‘inner child’.
If you find it difficult to be a good person for yourself it can be helpful to take care of the child inside you. Through nurturing the needs of this child you can find back the way to yourself. And bit by bit the endless thought machine in your mind slows down; your indecision and procrastination fade away; fatigue, depression and other symptoms leave you; your optimism grows and your physical appearance will look younger.
How do you live a life in accordance with your inner child?
A big difference between adults and children is, that grown-ups are very busy with working and running around after things considered to be of importance, while the child can play for hours with a tiny thing or simply enjoys watching things. So: take time for relaxation, be it a hobby, meditation, a long walk, or a vacation without a goal. Your only goal is enjoyment and its result is increased inner balance.
A second thing is that adults tend to hold on to the old ‘tried and tested’ which will assure that they get what they expect and that their life is in control. True, but the child in you wants to explore something new, challenging and adventurous! Something that makes it really feel alive. Most of the time you know what this is, for it are usually the things you deep down inside want so very much, but never dared to do. The child in you invites you to walk through the walls of impossibility you created yourself and jump into something new.
A huge third step is deciding yourself worthy of receiving love without being perfect. Grown-ups drive each other crazy with the idea that a bigger car or house, a better paid job, or a younger partner, can increase their human value or their happiness. A young child simply expects to be loved.
And a fourth thing is learning to listen to your inner wisdom in the form of your intuition and gut feelings. This will save you an enormous amount of doubt. I know it: adults believe in the rational mind for that is what intelligent human beings divides from animals, they say, but after having tried this for years I can assure you that you desperately need to combine intuitive wisdom with rational knowledge. I agree that your intuition can lead you on very unexpected journeys on which you have no idea of the possible outcome.
This is the journey of the first card of the tarot: the Fool. This card symbolizes the first step we take into a new direction. It shows the self-confidence, adventure, independence and joy of breaking out of an outgrown pattern and the curiosity for the things to come. The Fool does not torture his mind with “can I or can’t I” but simply tries it. He does not care about the judgments or misjudgments of others. He follows the call of his heart and expresses the joy and self-confidence of the inner child. And if something does not turn out the way he wants it, he does not reject himself. He simply accepts that he went wrong and takes another path.
This last sentence is of great importance: the Fool accepts that he went wrong, but does not translate it with “all about me is wrong” as we so often do. Be kind and gentle with yourself and take some steps on this very rewarding path of being content with yourself for no particular reason.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- W0-me/1/1/Iim Trot/rt/miwi/u' Ly Vow
- paralysis, fear, self-doubt, etc. Come learn how The fearful voice has many guided on a personal journey of self discovery through disguises and it can be easy to fool ourselves. Leam the practical ways to turn up the volume on your Inner restorative qualities of radiant energy and more.
- The Major Arcana cards www.wejees.com
- the journey to understanding. 0 The Fool- The fool is the fearless traveler. He leaps before Positively associated with confidence, individuality, willpower, new beginnings, and inner potential.
- download - Help for Anxiety, Phobias, OCD and Depression.
- self-doubt, insecurity and fear, they can appear too powerful to . “Those with a high level of confidence may have as many or more weaknesses We worry that we may lose control or make a fool of protect ourselves - to decrease the anxiety over inner ..
- CPY Document
- protagonist's inner life and tell the whole tale inside his thoughts and feelings, awake or .. herself she was a fool to come East, these New Yorkers will eat her alive. .
- Movie Watcher's Guide To Enlightenment
- depth and meaning of the Inner Self. They can be a journey and am happy to share the insights, which have been .. be fool's gold, the underlying illusion of the world.
Suggested News Resources
- What to expect in the Year of the Water Snake
- A year that will leave you feeling good and satisfied, your inner confidence and chi energy receive a boost and this enables you to seize opportunities that come knocking.
Suggested Web Resources
- From Self Doubt To Self Assurance The Inner Journey Of The Fool
- Need more on From Self Doubt To Self Assurance The Inner Journey Of The Fool ?
- Strength - Tarot Card Meaning | Biddy Tarot
- Her white robe is that of the innocent Fool, indicating a purity of spirit. endure life's obstacles by drawing upon your inner strength and confidence. If you have been self-doubting, Strength gives you the confidence to fight those doubts.
- Tarot- Wands
- Listen, listen to your Inner self, for it will not lead you astray.
- Trust Yourself – Part Two | Path of the Butterfly
- Apr 27, 2011 Journey of the Fool Series: The High Priestess Cont'd Here are some things that you can do to get started to begin connecting with your inner self and say good bye to those all too familiar emotions of indecision and self doubt: 1.
- How Is Your Self-Image Doing These Days?
- A Strong Healthy Self-Image will open more doors to success in life than any day or a week, it is a lifelong journey and you can make the journey exciting and full of see how this inner strength develops as a vital by product of a healthy self-image. . doubt and fear you will develop confidence, self-assurance and poise.
Related searchestfo programming
hindu ethnic and cultural fabric
murowa diamond mine
mandala sand painting