Making A Difference - The Hanged Man
A woman walks in the bare coldness and desolation of the Himalayas in wintertime. The sun is her only companion in a contemplative foot tour in which she thinks over the faded dreams, disappointments, unpleasant activities and unhappy relationship that make up her life. With the scarce snow crunching under her shoes she asks the huge naked mountains how she possibly can start over now she’s filled with depression, feelings of failure, guilt, responsibility, worthlessness and lack of courage.
Suddenly a crystal clear voice inside her answers this desperation with the magical words “You can do everything!”
You can do everything?
This is food for thought. Most of us grow up with messages like “don’t think too high of yourself, you are not capable enough, not beautiful enough, not intelligent enough, you lack the right education – talent - background – financial resources, you need more…..(fill in)…, you cannot…..(fill in)…, you are not….”(fill in)
And next we are encouraged: “you should….., you ought to….., you will be a good or respected person if…..” (again fill in the blanks).
These are usually well meant advice by people who are just like you searching for happiness, who are just like you trying to ‘fit’ in the pattern of societal rules hoping for fulfillment, and who will probably just like you end up feeling lost in a lonely desert, like the woman in the Himalayas.
But the darkness of the soul is never complete; at its deepest point our inner knowledge shows the way out by offering a different viewpoint. This painful but very enriching process is depicted by the card The Hanged Man in the tarot.
Take for instance a look at Alison Stones intriguing interpretation of this card. You see a tied up hanging figure who clearly cannot go anywhere, but the bright sun behind the head of the figure suggests that there is hope for new life (sun) if you change your way of thinking (the head), what will lead you on a new, creative path (the bright red road and gateway behind the Hanged One).
How could this new path look like?
It starts with a heartfelt declaration that this is not the life you want. It continues with a heartfelt declaration of what you do want your life to be, of what you want to give to yourself and to the world. And it ends with the courageous decision to live your life according to your own dreams, beliefs, needs and standards. This is where the rebel, or the spiritual warrior, in all of us stands up. And this is where our uniqueness begins to give its present to the world. This is where we begin to make a difference.
You do not need special gifts or talents to make a difference; what you need is the willingness to let the inner you come out and show its beauty to the world.
Some advice on your path of self-empowerment:
- believe in yourself, and believe in your divine right to be here and to express yourself on this planet
- love, accept and respect yourself in all your perfection and imperfection; if you want to create a higher version of yourself you first have to accept what there is right now
- do what you really like to do and do it the best way you can
- invest time in yourself; just doing nothing but enjoying life and yourself is fine, meditation is great, inner communication is essential
- think for yourself, question authority; dare to ask “why not?”
- think in terms of opportunities and possibilities
- dare to try something new and to learn something new
- acknowledge and empower each other in (small) groups of like-minded people; they can encourage you if you lose it for a while
- feel humbleness and love towards the greatness called life, nature and your fellowmen.
In short it means changing your perspective from thinking in “I can not” into “Yes, I can.”
And so it seems that the inner voice the woman heard in the Himalayas is right. With belief and passion you can create yourself a magickal life.
Be the salt of the earth and the fire in your soul!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Hanged Man
- When the money comes to Congo they make sure the money is well—shared ... another mysteriously hanged man—possess striking similarities.
- In the times of the impressionist exhibitions (1874-1886)
- underlined their differences and were the source of tensions. make fantastic landscapes composed from ...
- Leigh Bowery's game of embarassment and release
- stance, Bowery defines his existence and his art-making through the necessary man makes the difference – is the audience reflected occasionally on the glass Hanged Man'.
- LAND OF THE DEAD
- make the instruments work, except for the tambourine player, who. * is rattling out a few there's a big difference between them and us. They're dead!
- The Universe
- in the world when we are willing to break limiting patterns (The Hanged Man), who you are in the world and that you are making a difference.
Suggested News Resources
- Carpooling with George Washington
- FRC has been highlighting Real Compassion on our website to show how Christians can make a difference in their own communities.
- Death for mom murder
- Public prosecutor Vinod Agarwal said unless a higher court commuted the death sentence, the fine would not make any difference to the convict.
- Live! HC rejects Yeddyurappa's bail plea
- The three, sentenced to death in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, are scheduled to be hanged on September 9. There's an unexpected windfall from the Arab Spring, it seems.
- Voices of the tortured
- 'It didn't make no difference if it was day or night they did what they want to us without fear of anyone. 'How could I fight back? I was very weak and surrounded by hundreds of men all armed.
- Lois Tilton reviews Short Fiction, mid-August
- Unit 27 feels regret at the waste and decides to make a difference. For twenty years I have operated well below my factory specifications. Tonight I push myself to my limits.
Suggested Web Resources
- IDiosyntocracy: A Stiff Neck, The Hanged Man in Tarot and a New
- Mar 19, 2009 This image here is of The Hanged Man, the 12th card in the Tarot's Major Arcana. Would such a sacrifice make a difference?
- The Hanged Man
- Nov 6, 2007 Make A Difference In Someone's Life - Give A Gift of Inspiration Today!
- Amazon.com: The Hanged Man: Adam Hatley, Neil Weiss: Movies
- Amazon.com: The Hanged Man: Adam Hatley, Neil Weiss: Movies & TV. and test movies are looking for an audience, and your reviews can make a difference.
- Sigil of the Hanged Man - Item - World of Warcraft
- Hanged Man should never fall off on simple fights where you can just stick to a boss So that 15 seconds will be shortened by a couple GCDs, making it ~12-13 .
- Varric Tethras/Dialogue - Dragon Age Wiki
- Varric's remarks (upon entering The Hanged Man for the first time) Talkative Man: That man over ther. (The Docks, day) Bartrand likes to make me deal with the harbormaster. That man always ..
dassault falcon 7x specifications 7x
chinook jargon vocabulary
petaling jaya demographics