What is Cleidomancy?
Paula & Gordon Ireland Proprietors
Earth Spirit Emporium: Books & Stuff
"Where Olde Traditions meet the New Age"
Cleidomancy is a system of divination using a suspended key. It was only to be used when the sun or moon was in Virgo. When the name of the individual being investigated was written on a key which was then tied to a Bible, both were attached to the nail of the ring-finger of a virgin who must repeat softly certain words.
Accordingly, as the key and book remains either moving or stationary, the name of the person being investigated is considered to be right or wrong. The practice was further complicated when ancient diviners included the seven Psalms with litanies and sacred prayers. The practice become more fearful too, for not only did the key and book turned, but the impression of the key had to be found on the victim or he lost an eye.
Another method of this practice with a key and Bible was to place a key to a street door on the fiftieth Psalm, close the volume and then shut it tightly with a garter of a woman. Then it was fastened to a nail, and said to have turned when the name of a suspected thief was mentioned.
A third procedure of this practice involved two persons suspending the Bible between them, holding the ring of the key between their two forefingers.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Psychic Arts db 2
- Clidomancy / Cleidomancy Divination using a dangling key. Cloud scrying. Divination by observing the power of the clouds.
- 'A Great or Notorious Liar': Katherine Harrison and her Neighbours
- 84, No. 2, 1979, p. 320.
Suggested News Resources
- Samantha Shannon's Fantasy Novel, 'The Bone Season'
- For those interested in Rhabdomancers, Halomancers, Theriomancers, Daphnomancers, Cleidomancers et al., a dictionary would be better. Ms.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cleidomancy - The Encyclopedia of Divination
- Mar 4, 2010 Cleidomancy is a very mysterious form of divination that was supposed to be used only when the sun or moon was in Virgo.
- Llewellyn Worldwide - Encyclopedia: Term: Cleidomancy
- Cleidomancy: Divination by observing a string-suspended key, similar to the pendulum.
- A Hoodoo Divination method - Traditional Witch Community Forum
- Jun 19, 2011 Cleidomancy means "divination by means of a key," and in cleidomancy Bibliomantic cleidomancy combines the key with thea "holy" book.
- List of Psychic Abilities - The Complete A to Z
- Clidomancy or Cleidomancy is divination using a dangling key when the sun or moon is in Virgo and the key tied to a bible.
pythagorean theorem history
geography of ethiopia topography
siddha yogi dictionary
anti-gay slogan themes