Worshipping a god or goddess in fact is paying homage to the great
shining light at the core of your being. You acknowledge that there is
more than everyday reality and honor it.
The various godheads are different 'gestalts', energy beings, or facets
of the whole you in a pure and exalted form. The gods are your
transcendent friends, helping you to develop latent characteristics and
qualities in yourself. Through meeting and worshipping the gods you
absorb and work with their specific type of energy. Thus you bring this
form of energy/reality into your consciousness and make it part of your
This is the base of astro-drama, being a combination of astrology and
drama, in which you tune into the energies of the planet-spirits and
behave like them. And feeling the Saturn inside, or acting like bold Mars
for a woman, can be quite a revelation.
Wearing a mask is another form of experiencing a different personality
within you and taking on its special powers.
A god or goddess can never be defined by one specific form; the form is a
symbolical representation and a personal perception of the greater
reality behind it. Eventually the collective unconsciousness creates an
image we all have somehow agreed on. And so we know Venus as a beautiful
young woman with round forms, Cernunnos as a real guy with the large
horns of a deer, and Holy Mary as innocent devotion surrounded by an aura
of white light and standing on a crescent moon. But do they really look
"Every man and every woman is a star", Aleister Crowley said. The gods
and goddesses are rays of light of the one star that is All: the great
God/Goddess, the Life Force itself, often personified by Nature, Heaven
and Earth, or Sun and Moon. But also these big representations can be no
more than shallow depictions of the truth behind it.
Some years ago I really astounded my rational self by intuitively buying
religious objects, and purchasing flowers and gemstones as offerings for
my new buddha statue. Until then I'd believed that religion was something
internally, and that occupation with pictures of deities was superfluous
nonsense. And here I found myself, burning candles on an altar in
devotion! I sincerely questioned my mental sanity. Then suddenly I
realized that I did not worship some outer god, but through paying loving
attention to a deity, I was honoring the god and goddess within.
Therefore I know that it can be very useful to create a small altar in
your sacred space, to promote the communication between your self and
your Self, or the conversation with your Holy Guardian Angel as magicians
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Our Order of Worship brochure - Presbyterian Church (USA)
- OUR ORDER OF WORSHIP by Teresa Lockhart Stricklen. Associate for Worship. Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Enriching Our Worship 1 - Church Publishing
- CHURCH PUBLISHING INCORPORATED, NEW YORK. Morning and Evening Prayer. The Great Litany.
- Music - Discipleship Ministries | Equipping World-Changing Disciples
- Discipleship Ministries provides a wealth of music downloads, worship planning suggestions, articles, hymns studies, and more for United Methodist ...
- Lutheran Worship - The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
- Why does our Lord gather us for worship? The most precious gifts and treasures our Lord gives us are. His forgiveness, life and salvation.
- Directory of Public Worship - The Associate Reformed Presbyterian
- 279. THE. DIRECTORY OF PUBLIC WORSHIP.
Suggested News Resources
- National Worship of Tools Day | Consider the Yuppie
- March 11th is National Worship of Tools Day, a mysterious holiday whose origins lay shrouded in mystery. It's a holiday typically devoted to handtools: Stuff like hammers, saws, planes, dibbles, San Angelos, and anything you'd find in a hardware store.
- Have you ever been late to a worship event because of Daylight Saving Time?
- Each week, we pose a new question to local religious leaders and post their responses on the Faith Forum blog. This week's topic: Have you ever had a mishap with a worship event and the change to Daylight Saving Time? If not, what do you do to avoid a ...
- Community Egg Hunt, Music, Worship Service, Baptisms And Picnic Offered At
- Stuart Heights Baptist Church will hold the eighth annual Easter at Coolidge Community Egg Hunt and Worship Service at Coolidge Park on Sunday, March 27, from 9-11 a.m. Admission and parking are free and open to the public.
- Trinity Lutheran Church to host Easter Worship Sessions
- Thursday March 24th will be the Holy Thursday Worship service beginning at 6:30 PM. Friday March 25th will be a Good Friday Service beginning at 12:00 PM. Sunday March 27th at 9:00 AM will be the Easter Morning Worship followed by fellowship and an ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Worship | Define Worship at Dictionary.com
- reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred. 2. formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and ...
- Worship | Definition of Worship by Merriam-Webster
- the act of showing respect and love for a god especially by praying with other people who believe in the same god : the act of worshipping God or a god.
- Worship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Worship is an act of religious devotion usually directed towards a deity. An act of worship may be performed individually, in an informal or formal group, or by a ...
- Are You Insulting God in Worship? | Desiring God
- Jun 7, 2015 The misunderstanding of a short, three-letter word can transform an act of heartfelt worship into a slanderous insult. Perhaps you've heard Matt ...
- Worship - definition of worship by The Free Dictionary
- a. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object. b.
Related searchesbifilar coil patents
alpha phi alpha documentary films
vaughan ontario demographics
history of sumer ur-nina
rhett the boston terrier
shrine of remembrance in brisbane