The Beauty of Friendship
lover, partner, soulmate. The pattern of human contact that is so vitally
important to our being. Emotionally, we not only need to feel connected .. we
desire it. But what is a connection? How does it happen?
We know certain
like signs have a better chance at finding a connection. For instance ..
predominate air fares best with other air or predominate fire. Predominate
earth, with other earth or predominate water. But it isn't a given. Connections,
in my opinion, take place because it is meant to be. We all have something to
teach, and we all have something to learn.
*Acquaintances* are casual
friendships. Perhaps a co-worker, a grocery clerk, or bank teller you see often,
a neighbor. We are given numerous opportunities to make acquaintances. For
instance, standing in line in the grocery store. Do you keep to yourself? Or
take advantage of the time you have and greet someone standing next to you?
A *friendship* stems from a successful acquaintance. It is the next
step. The connection. Once a friendship is made, the dynamics change. We are
excited to open up and share experiences of our lives, and it is then that we
have the opportunity to ~learn~ from our new friend's experiences. It is fun to
share. But it is imperative to listen. If we are receptive enough, we come
across many opportunities for friendships. Look at each person you consider a
"friend" and imagine what you have met him/her for. What have they taught you?
What can they teach you, if you allow them? The saying "I am only human" .. fits
well here. We are all human, on the same level .. going through the same perils,
yet why do we still feel the need to compete? Isn't it much easier to help one
another? Isn't it more fulfilling?
When a friendship turns into a
*lover*, it is very exciting! The gratitude for the lessons learned and taught
are unsurpassable. Sometimes we jump right into being lovers before a connection
is formed. Friendship supreme, indeed .. however, it may not necessarily be one
of substance. By substance, I mean .. one that will go further than a physical
Ahhh when we choose a *partner* from a lover. The life
altering, mind boggling, heart thumping, goose pimpling <will stop now>
decision! We have decided this person can teach us sooo much that we cannot live
without him/her. What a wonderful feeling that they feel the same way! It is so
important to ponder <again> the reasons we have met our partner. What is
he/she teaching us? Are ~we~ coming from a good place, in dealing with our
partner? Are we receiving?
*Soulmates*! One is very lucky to come across
a soulmate. They are souls we have been with before, and lessons learned are the
most intense and dramatic. You have been reunited with a person who knows what
you need, who is aware of your weaknesses .. who can teach you all you need ..
if you are receptive enough. If and only if.
Let us not find ourselves
insecure. Each and every time we come across a challenge, something that pushes
us into that *jump into defense mode* wagon .. take a moment to think that
maybe, just maybe .. you are being given a gift. If you learn this lesson, you
may not have to go through it again. So priceless.
lover, partner, soulmate.
Will you take advantage of talking to the
person standing next to you in line?
At least smile.
In the very
least, you just may make someone's day!
Suggested News Resources
- 35 Great Books Paired To Your Favorite Disney Character
- Like every good '90s kid, I have Disney running deep in my blood. I was raised on Beauty and the Beast, 101 Dalmatians, Aladdin, the list could go on forever.
- Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic
- Mouse-ter of Ceremonies Mickey Mouse, sweetheart Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy take to the ice with their friends from beloved Disney movies that span decades from Pinocchio to Frozen. Travel to the heart of Africa with Disney's The Lion King, ...
- Predator and prey unite in Zootopia
- Her evolving friendship with Nick Wilde, a fox, provides the true heart of the film, as their relationship parallels the film's overarching conflict, the contrasted and often contested pairing of predators and prey.
- Violence, Beauty, Charm: How Helen Oyeyemi's Fabulist Fiction Embraces the
- “'Sorry' Doesn't Sweeten Her Tea” begins as the story of one old friend doing a strange favor for another: as Ched, a musician of some renown, returns to his homeland for military service, the narrator is charged with caring for his Siamese fighting fish.
- Find Out: What Type of Man You Were Meant to Love!
- Have you ever said to a friend, "He's such a great guy! He has lots of the qualities I love .... You are sexually aroused by romantic gestures (flowers) or beauty (a man with a great physique), anything that appeals to your senses.
Related searchesdocumentary film the 60s and 70s
the weekenders episode list
dream interpretation sewing
indo-canadian writers and journalists
list of homophones sound i ice
barranquilla famous barranquilleros