The Beauty of Friendship
lover, partner, soulmate. The pattern of human contact that is so vitally
important to our being. Emotionally, we not only need to feel connected .. we
desire it. But what is a connection? How does it happen?
We know certain
like signs have a better chance at finding a connection. For instance ..
predominate air fares best with other air or predominate fire. Predominate
earth, with other earth or predominate water. But it isn't a given. Connections,
in my opinion, take place because it is meant to be. We all have something to
teach, and we all have something to learn.
*Acquaintances* are casual
friendships. Perhaps a co-worker, a grocery clerk, or bank teller you see often,
a neighbor. We are given numerous opportunities to make acquaintances. For
instance, standing in line in the grocery store. Do you keep to yourself? Or
take advantage of the time you have and greet someone standing next to you?
A *friendship* stems from a successful acquaintance. It is the next
step. The connection. Once a friendship is made, the dynamics change. We are
excited to open up and share experiences of our lives, and it is then that we
have the opportunity to ~learn~ from our new friend's experiences. It is fun to
share. But it is imperative to listen. If we are receptive enough, we come
across many opportunities for friendships. Look at each person you consider a
"friend" and imagine what you have met him/her for. What have they taught you?
What can they teach you, if you allow them? The saying "I am only human" .. fits
well here. We are all human, on the same level .. going through the same perils,
yet why do we still feel the need to compete? Isn't it much easier to help one
another? Isn't it more fulfilling?
When a friendship turns into a
*lover*, it is very exciting! The gratitude for the lessons learned and taught
are unsurpassable. Sometimes we jump right into being lovers before a connection
is formed. Friendship supreme, indeed .. however, it may not necessarily be one
of substance. By substance, I mean .. one that will go further than a physical
Ahhh when we choose a *partner* from a lover. The life
altering, mind boggling, heart thumping, goose pimpling <will stop now>
decision! We have decided this person can teach us sooo much that we cannot live
without him/her. What a wonderful feeling that they feel the same way! It is so
important to ponder <again> the reasons we have met our partner. What is
he/she teaching us? Are ~we~ coming from a good place, in dealing with our
partner? Are we receiving?
*Soulmates*! One is very lucky to come across
a soulmate. They are souls we have been with before, and lessons learned are the
most intense and dramatic. You have been reunited with a person who knows what
you need, who is aware of your weaknesses .. who can teach you all you need ..
if you are receptive enough. If and only if.
Let us not find ourselves
insecure. Each and every time we come across a challenge, something that pushes
us into that *jump into defense mode* wagon .. take a moment to think that
maybe, just maybe .. you are being given a gift. If you learn this lesson, you
may not have to go through it again. So priceless.
lover, partner, soulmate.
Will you take advantage of talking to the
person standing next to you in line?
At least smile.
In the very
least, you just may make someone's day!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The beauty of friendship
- The beauty of friendship. Foucault, masculinity and the work of art. Abstract The importance of friendship in the later work of Michel.
- A CoNTEMPLATIvE JouRNAL oF BEAuTy BEAuTY AND FRIENDSHIP
- FALL 08. EXPRESSING THE ESSENCE OF FAITH THROuGH GOD'S BEAuTY. A CoNTEMPLATIvE JouRNAL oF BEAuTy.
- Prayers for Summer
- Friendship. Beauty of friendship grow between us. Friendship without guile without malice without striving.
- February 11 Newsletter.pub - Friendship Ark Homes
- talents and faith to form the fabric of Friendship Ark Homes, we see the beauty that is made from that combination. We are better together, than alone.
- Love, Friendship, and Beauty
- Love, Friendship, and Beauty. On the Twenty-fifth Anniversary of a Magisterial Document about Religious Life and the Apostolate.
Suggested News Resources
- Raksha Bandhan or Friendship Day?
- Raksha Bandhan and Friendship Day are two occasions that are celebrated with much fervour in our country.
- Hurricanes Can Create Unique Opportunities
- We knew we'd be back to work wellbefore the cleanup was done. But, for those few days after Gloria's visit, we just enjoyed what most take for granted in youth: friendship, fun and the beauty of living on an island.
- Proud ice queen
- It was the first time he had ever wished me on my birthday but I took it as a gesture of friendship and nothing more. I know A has returned to see his family a number of times and met up with colleagues from my office.
- Actresses share a history in Wayside, 'Steel Magnolias'
- By Josette Keeloremail@example.com MIDDLETOWN -- Wayside Theatre's performance of Robert Harling's "Steel Magnolias," which begins today, calls together six women in a story about friendship and personal history.
- Soompi Insider: This Week in K-Pop+, Issue 7
- Stars displayed their true friendship by showing up for each other - Super Junior and Jay Park greeted Boom at his military discharge ceremony, and Park Shin Hye cheered on Lee Hong Ki at FT Island's concert.
Suggested Web Resources
- My Friendship Garden
- The beauty of friendship, like the beauty of flowers, is very hard to describe in words. There are many kinds of friends ...
- Penny's Place In Cyberspace ~ The Beauty Of Friendship ~
- A poem about Friendship written by Helen Steiner Rice.
- The Beauty Of Our Friendship...A Poem by Helen Steiner Rice
- Friendship Greeting Card with poem by Helen Steiner Rice to send to your friends.
- Friendship Quotes To Celebrate The Beauty Of True Friendship
- Inspirational Friendship Quotes That Highlight The Value Of True Friendship.
- The beauty of friendship… with a dose of scripture
- The beauty of friendship… with a dose of scripture. by Stefany on October 3, 2010. I spent some time yesterday bookmarking and indexing my bible.