Serious Cleansing Ritual
This cleansing ritual has been modified from one that I performed for a dear friend who was having trouble dispelling negativity possibly sent from a former romantic acquaintance. This is not a ritual to perform for just anybody - the performer actually creates a bond between themselves and the Cleansee and it's extremely important that the friendship or kinship between the parties is strong and solid. Further, any information obtained during this ritual is SACRED and violations of such sacred truths surely would mean incurrence of karmic debt in its strongest form.
Herbs for brew (I used chamomile, peppermint, calendula, lavender, and red clover)
7 pieces of colored cloth (no white) long & thin enough to tie around post or branches of tree
2 larger pieces of white cloth (cotton or linen - some natural fabric)
Drums or other musical instruments for each participant
Dagger, or knife - do NOT use your ritual athame as this will be used to cut flesh - athames (traditionally) should never touch blood
Lighter / lighter fluid
Shovel or spade
NOTE: you will need someone you trust implicitly to assist you in this cleansing ritual. The can be performed for someone, or can also be modified for a self-cleansing â€¦ if it's a self cleansing, you'll need someone to assist you with certain things and possibly "stand guard" - if you are performing this ritual for someone, you may need an additional person to stand guard during Steps 5-12 J
Step 1: Herbal Cleansing: Make a brew of water (river or creek water if available, tap water if not / just no seawater!!) and cleansing herbs available to you (I used chamomile, peppermint, calendula, lavender, and red clover). The "brew" can be pre-prepared by the Ritual Performer - concentrate on the cleansing energies of the herbs during preparation. Start with cleansing the Cleansee's place of residence, starting from the inside â€¦ you need to proceed in a widdershins manner (COUNTER-clockwise) and sprinkle some in the corners and on each windowsill of every room, including closets. After the inside of the home is sufficiently cleansed, head outside and sprinkle the outside of the residence (as much as possible, obviously one cannot go entirely around a 3rd story apartment, etc.). Start and end with whatever entrance you will exit and re-enter, and again proceed in widdershins fashion. After sprinkling outside, return inside and sprinkle the cleansee (if you're doing this ritual for yourself, your assistant needs to sprinkle you with the brew). I personally suggest that the cleansee be skyclad (or as we say in Texas "nekkid"), but this is completely personal choice. Get as much of the brew on the Cleansee as possible - take care in deciding your herbs that none will irritate the skin - the ones I've listed above are all actually pretty good for your skin and shouldn't create any problems. During the entire sprinkling process, chant, sing, drum, etc. as desired - the energy generated will heighten the cleansing and aid in gathering any further negative energies needing to be dispelled. If appropriate, the Performer and/or Cleansee can actually begin calling these energies forth â€¦
Step 2: 7 Colored Cloths - after sprinkling the cleansee with the brew, the cleansee should be dried off with the 7 differently colored cloths drying the whole body with each cloth separately - colors don't matter here as long as they're different - but no white!! White will come later ... Bag up the cloths and set aside - disposal of these comes after the completion of the ritual.
Step 3: Travel to the water â€¦ NOTE: if you're not near any water, or if the waterways in your area are too public for you to feel comfortable, improvise - try a swimming or wading pool, even a bathtub in a pinch.
Step 4: Drum, chant, sing, etc. at the water's edge to generate energy - during the generation time, the Cleansee should begin allowing all negativity come to light and allow everything that's "bothering" them to crash through their mind, get angry, get upset, generate everything they want to get rid of â€¦ all resentments, all sorrow, all pain, etc.
Step 5: Cleansee and ritual performer enter the water, skyclad, or as close to it as possible, crowd dependant ;-) As earlier stated, you might want to have a close friend "stand guard" to prevent interruptions and distractions.
Step 6: Ritual performer opens dialogue about feelings of resentment, perhaps about negative situations they've gone through before and dealt with. Performer speaks openly with Cleansee about whatever the "problem(s)" is/are. Anything disclosed during this period is SACRED. The Cleansee must be entirely confident and completely trust the performer or THIS WILL NOT WORK! The Cleansee must be completely honest with the performer about whatever the problem is so it can be sufficiently banished.
Step 7: Ritual performer slowly walks widdershins around the cleansee, softly chanting, singing or humming while Cleansee begins and continues until Cleansee is finished with Step 8
Step 8: Cleansee communicates audibly with himself stating how much he resents whatever problems, actions, energies, everything in question - he will aver and assert his want to rid himself of these problems, etc.
Step 9: Ritual performer and Cleansee will then formally link with each other as brother/sister/partner in this endeavor ... I used a dagger and made a small cut on my right hand and made a small cut on the left hand of the Cleansee, we placed the cuts together and allowed our blood to mingle - signifies giving a promise of confidentiality from the right hand of the Ritual performer and accepting the promise in the left hand of the Cleansee. Performer and Cleansee shall place still joined hands in the water of the river and concentrate on allowing the energies to be released - visualize the energies being diluted and washed away by the water. After appropriate time for release, release hands and hug or "salute" (kiss) each other. It's also appropriate to present the Cleansee with a small token or gift at this time, a necklace or pendant of a stone of protective energies, etc.
Step 10: Exit the river and Ritual performer dries the Cleansee off with one of the white cloths, and then the performer dries self off with the other.
Step 11: Burn the white cloths and bury the ashes right there on the riverbank, thus containing any last traces of negativity. If you're having to improvise, bury the white cloth ashes at the base of the tree or gatepost on which the last cloth is tied as instructed in Step 13.
Step 12: Dress and leave, never looking back
Step 13: Sometime later THAT SAME DAY, preferably in solitude, the Cleansee should set out with the 7 differently colored cloths from Step 2 and proceed to go to a place off the beaten path - somewhere that you most likely will never go to again, or at least somewhere off your normal everyday route. Tie each cloth on a separate tree, or on separate gateposts - the next cloth just a way down from the one prior, etc. Again, after tying the last cloth or burying the ashes after tying the cloth as stated in Step 11, leave â€¦ never looking back.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Report on Discordian Methods of Ritual Cleansing May 23, 1967
- Methods of cleansing, centering, and preparing for ritual done by Discordians are very different than methods used by other religions.
- Ritual Creation Worksheet
- Cleansing / Smudging. Cast Circle / Protections. Invite / Summon / Call.
- Back home. Post-war cleansing rituals in Mozambique
- separable from the social effectiveness of cleansing rituals, and from their deep ..
- The core expansion through a purification ceremony of Shintoism, or
- series of steps and link it to your behavior in the moment and your behavior in .
Suggested News Resources
- Detox danger: Trendy colon cleansing a risky ritual
- By HealtDay Despite the popularity of colon cleansing, there's no evidence that the procedure -- which can be done at home or in day spas -- offers any health benefits, a new study finds.
- Jains in Ahmedabad begin spiritual cleansing
- Speaking to DNA, Acharya Yashpremsurishwarji Maharaj of Shwetambar sect talked about the rituals of Pratikraman. He said, "Pratikraman is a ritual which means spiritual cleansing or purification.
- Pastor's Corner: "I can't believe it's not the gospel"
- The second gospel substitute is religious ritual. By that I mean everything from candles and liturgy at church to baptism and communion. Rituals are literal things you can do, touch or smell associated with churches.
- OVER THE COUNTER: Consider a cleanse
- Many ancient faiths -- Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism and many more -- involve a purification or cleansing ritual. Some of these rituals, such as a Christian baptism or Jewish mikvah, symbolize a birth, re-birth or an awakening.
- The Letting Go
- And what about the ritual of bathing and cleansing? In the United States, most terminally ill men and women die in hospitals or nursing homes. The death is typically “pronounced” by an intern on call.
Suggested Web Resources
- Serious Cleansing Ritual | RM.com ®
- This cleansing ritual has been modified from one that I performed for a dear friend who was having trouble dispelling negativity...
- Cleansing Rituals
- Ambrosia's cleansing rites so you can cleanse you and your area of negative energies.
- Ritual purification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ritual purification is a feature of many religions.
jeffrey dahmer murders
kanazawa ishikawa history
the nine billion names of god quotes
robert fripp guitar craft
alex grey philosophy