Psychic Self Defence
This article is a companion to my article "Wards 101", which was published
in the February `96 edition of Rainbow Wind Magazine. "Wards 101" is
concise, reasonably well-written, and contains all the information you need to
ward yourself and your home and to consecrate and maintain a household
I felt the need to further comment on psychic self-defense after the
following recent incident: some good friends of mine who are new to Paganism
decided not to become the students of a Pagan teacher after finding out that he
had a horrendous reputation in the Community as a lecher (dirty old, or
not-so-old man) and sexual predator. He was quite upset about this, and
continued to telephone them. They contacted me reporting "bad, creepy feelings",
weird dreams, and similar symptoms, and openly wondered if they were under
psychic attack! Considering the character of the individual in question, that
was a distinct possibility. In any case, I helped them ward their home and set
up a household guardian, showed them how to build up the natural psychic
protection in their own auras. So they wouldn't forget, I sent them a copy of
The Elk (Elhaz, Algiz) rune works very well in warding and psychic
self-defense. It looks like an upside-down Peace Symbol without the circle! A
charged amulet with this rune (best painted red) can work wonders for your
personal barriers and peace of mind. For extra OOMPH! the rune Thurisaz (Thorn)
works too, but be careful--see my "Rune-of-the-Month Club" article on that
particular rune. A safer, but highly effective alternative is to add visualized
"mirrors" facing away from your living space to your wards. Set them to return
any negative sendings to their maker.
Try to stay away from places with negative psychic atmospheres as much as
possible. These include family and bankruptcy courts, mental hospitals, sleazy
bars, criminal hangouts, and any other places where great human suffering
occurs. When you must be in such places, keep your barriers up. By the way,
according to my friend Thorr Sheil, when such places are abandoned or converted
to other uses, the negative charge decays gradually in a "half-life" pattern,
just like radioactive elements! Avoid negative people, too! Why bother to ward
your home if you are going to invite Mr. or Ms. Naughty Spellbook Commando over
to your place for dinner? The wards won't work - you invited those nasty people
Try to keep your home reasonably clean and neat. Physical dirt can attract
psychic garbage. Psychic goop often collects in the same places as
"dustbunnies"! Rosemary and/or Hawthorn dispel negativity. Put them in corners
and under furniture. Replace them after every vacuuming.
Your own attitude has a lot to do with your psychic self-defense and
well-being. If you think you're hexed, you are! If some Spellbook Commandos (you
know the type; they think they are great magicians but pretty much operate out
of what they read in cheap spellbooks) say they are going to hex you, or have
hexed you, laugh in their faces. Laughter is a great hex-breaker! So is grasping
an iron object.
The aforementioned Thorr Sheil (PO Box 080437, Staten Island, NY
10308-0005 USA) has a number of very nice psychic self defense spells. Here are
just a couple, slightly modified by my own experience:
1. Jernstang: take a large iron or steel nail or a railroad spike. Hold it
and fill it with blue light. Invoke Thor and ask that justice be done. Tell who
you are angry at and why. When charged, pound it into the ground near the
miscreant's home or place of business. WARNING: be sure you are in the right, or
you'll get some nasty backfire!
2. Blowback: to "fix" malicious gossippers. On a windy night, mix flour,
salt and pepper in your left hand. Think of the problem and call on Thor for
help. Open the window or back door and say three times: "Against ill winds and
ill words, Thor protect me!" Then blow the mixture into the wind. The
troublemakers will soon be revealed for what they are and get a dose of their
A good way to clean your own person psychically is to brew some nice
rosemary tea and bathe in it. Drinking a bit wouldn't hurt either if you
are not pregnant. For keeping your home astrally pleasant, clean it first
and then strew rosemary in corners, around doors, and under furniture.
Then smudge with your favorite purification herbs. Rosemary does
fine here too. So does vervain, or a smudge stick.
As you can see, common sense and responsible living form the basis for
psychic self-defense. Magick to supplement this is not difficult. The Universe
maintains a balance. Psychic attacks are among the hardest sort of magick to do,
and the easiest to deflect. This should come as no surprise. If psychic attacks
were easy, we'd probably not be here - all our ancestors would have all been
hexed to death centuries ago! Most people who know enough magick to effectively
launch a strong psychic attack know better than to do so except for the gravest
of reasons - like someone murdering one of your friends or relatives but getting
off on a technicality. Responsible magicians don't launch a psychic attack on
someone for letting their dog "poop" in their yards or other such trivialities.
In such a case, it makes a lot more sense to just call the police or the Health
Department, and maybe try warding your yard in such a way that the dog won't
want to cross your property line!
The late occultist Dion Fortune wrote a book entitled Psychic Self
Defense. It's still in print, and you might want to check it out as
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Psychic Self-Defense
- PSYCHIC. SELF-DEFENSE. Dion Fortune.
- Instant Self Defense - Ashida Kim
- provide some self-defense techniques for those who were only interested in basic self- ... extensive library this short manual entitled INSTANT SELF- DEFENSE, ...
- The Psychic Defense - International Journal of Transpersonal Studies
- ating a psychic defense against his unwanted presence,. I speak to ... tions describe the phenomenon of psychic attack.
- Secrets of Contacting the Angel Raziel - KosherTorah.com
- spiritual measures which are as valuable and important for guarding the soul as the ... Safeguards for the mind/soul are essential for psychic self-defense.
- Star Gate Remote Viewing, Ufology & Earthʼs Future - Whale
- Defense Departmentʼs remote viewing research, which is popularly referred to as ... training in psychic self defense and remote psychic healing. And some of ...
Suggested News Resources
- The Secret War Crime
- The work she does at Panzi, she says, seems insignificant compared with the scale of that psychic trauma. “In these surgeries, we repair damage, but I never get real closure. Are we truly healing her ...
- On the ice, Patrick Kane is so good and still has so far to go
- This story appears in the Mar. 7, 2016, issue of Sports Illustrated. To subscribe, click here.
- Misreading 'a social disaster': Group of 88 members look back
- “I'd have to have been a psychic to see it coming,” said one former Duke faculty member who signed the ad and asked to remain anonymous for fear of retaliation. Of the original Group of 88, ....
- Who really benefits from freedom of speech?
- Louise Richardson-Self does not work for, consult, own shares in or receive funding from any company or organization that would benefit from this article, and has disclosed no relevant affiliations beyond the academic appointment above.
- POSH REPORT: Wigan 1 Posh 1: Peterborough United pride is restored by Magic Marcus
- It takes some skill, impressive technique and supreme self-confidence to sidefoot a goal from 35 yards with the entire opposition team lined up between you and your target. ...