Howling at the Moon!
Lunacy, says it all. We all know that the time of the full
moon feels strange. Legend has it that the full moon brings
out the worst in people: more violence, suicides, accidents,
and aggression. The influence of the moon and behavior has
been called "The Lunar Effect" or "The Transylvania Effect."
The belief that the full moon causes mental disorders and
strange behavior was widespread throughout Europe in the
Studies show that more assaults occur around the full
moon. More crimes, self and unintentional poisonings and
animal bites occur during the full moon cycle as well.
There are many problems encountered when trying to study
the lunar effect. For example, some studies include "full
moon" behaviors that occur a few days before and after the
full moon, while other studies include only those behaviors
on a single day.
The full moon appears once every 29.53 days. Sometimes
there are two full moons in one month. It is possible to
have a month without a full moon, but this is rare and can
only occur in February. You have to wait until February
2066 for the next month without a full moon. (I guess we
are all going to miss that one!)
People remain convinced that the moon must do something.
After all, the earth's surface is 80 percent water; the
human body is 80 percent water, so a human tidal effect
makes sense. Tidal variation in most coastal areas seldom
exceeds ten feet. In smaller bodies of water, such as lakes
and probably the human body, tides are negligible. Another
point is that the tides don't occur just once or twice a
month; they occur once or twice a day. What happens at full
and new moon is that the earth, moon, and sun are lined up,
resulting in higher tides than usual.
A new idea arrives in this theorizing from the discovery
that positive and negative ions in the atmosphere have
an effect on behavior (negative ions usually favourable,
positive the opposite). Positive ions are more abundant
when the moon is full. However, the effect is slight
compared to major sources of positive ions like air
conditioning and air pollution.
The full moon affects many people worldwide causing
emotional instability and insecurity. Since the
gravitational force of the moon is strong enough to
cause the tides, therefore it is possibly changing the
gravitational effect on our glands and organs which can
affect our moods.
Other effects include the different wavelengths of light
coming from the moon, and the full moon's affect on our
inner pathogens. The light from the moon is of a different
combination of wavelengths and strength of light than what
the sun gives us. It is known that different colors of
light cause different emotional reactions. It could be that
the moon's silvery colour is at least partially responsible
for some people's reactions. Also, we have inner pathogens
including yeast, worms, parasites, virus, and bacteria.
Perhaps the day to night gravitational change causes a
change in the activity of these pathogens, maybe increasing
their activity which in turn increases their drain on our
nutrients and increases the number of byproducts they
excrete into our bloodstream.
Why the full moon affects some people more than others is
another question. It may be because some people have
borderline glandular functions or some have more pathogens.
The most likely pathogen that contributes to the full moon
effect is yeast. Too much yeast causes a reaction in people
by causing them to feel 'stressed out' because of the loss
of normal digestion and increased level of toxicity in the
Even Ann Landers says there is a cycle to her letters.
She gets more letters whenever there's a full moon.
I know better than to argue with Anne!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HOWLING AT THE MOON
- For Immediate Release. Contact: Ashley Gratz-Collier. On Sale: February 26, 2008.
- LuaTEX: Howling to the moon
- 152. TUGboat, Volume 26 (2005), No. 2—Proceedings of the 2005 Annual Meeting.
- Howling at the Moon Anthology Order HD CWC MEMBERS ONLY
- I would like to order _____ copies of the HDCWC Anthology, “Howling at xthe Moon”. I am enclosing the production cost of $8.57 plus $.
- Howl at the Moon Dance
- 3276 E Venice Ave Venice, FL 34292. 941-484-7068 email@example.com www.
- ALUMNI GROUPS - Howl at the Moon
- HOWL AT THE MOON CHICAGO. 26 West Hubbard St. Chicago, IL 60610 312.
Suggested News Resources
- Not a dry eye in the Maxwell house
- Andrew Maxwell is standing on stage dressed in a cape and howling at the moon. Paul Merton and Jimmy Carr are waiting in the wings to go on.
- On the lighter side: Your product has me howling at the moon
- By Gene Weingarten Another installment of my Pulitzer Prize-winning coverage of the plight of the beleaguered customer service representative. Me: I like your product, but it doesn't work as the label promises.
- 5 Ways to Turn Your Devil of a Dog Into Your Little Angel
- But when I read the story of a man who wanted his pet sitter to pay for the vet bills after his pooch attacked a smaller one, I felt like howling at the moon. Bad dog owner! BAD!
- 2nd Annual Howling at the Moon, September 1, 2011
- The Coming Home Society and the Urban Native Youth Association are holding a benefit concert and silent auction– 'Howling at the Moon' – to support the Young Wolves Lodge alcohol and drug residential recovery program for young First Nation women.
Suggested Web Resources
- Dueling Piano Bar | Howl At The Moon - Official Website
- Howl At The Moon is known as the world's greatest rock 'n' roll dueling piano show. Howl is the perfect place to host bachelortte parties or corporate events.
- Amazon.com: Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf
- Amazon.com: Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, Book 1) ( 9780345496256): Karen MacInerney: Books.
- Howling at the Moon
- 4 days ago Howling at the Moon. Every man, in his Quest, must ocassionaly allow himself to Howl......That's what I'll attempt to do here.
Related searcheskuan yin kuan yin and the virgin mary
reactivity series explanation
udp hole punching
torsten frings personal
im ok youre ok transactional analysis
k r narayanan origins