How to find a Coven or Group
Copyright © David Rankine 1999 - This article can be distributed freely for non commercial use, subject to the name of the author and this copyright notice being displayed with the article.
If you are looking for a group then going out and meeting people and talking, asking questions and
showing your intent of finding a group are the most important steps.
If you stay at home and never mingle with other people then don't expect anything to happen. This
is not a 'spoonfed' path to walk, there is a lot of serious work involved and when you do find a
group,the work doesn't stop.
Joining a Coven means giving up a lot of free time, subsituting social time for Coven time and
spending a lot of time studying and experiencing... So which ever path you follow, and which ever
type of group you are seeking - make an effort and be patient.
In big cities such as the one we live in, London (UK) there is no reason to say 'But there is
nothing to go to'. There are online organisations such as WWL (http:
//www.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/wiccansandwitchesinlondon) who keep their members informed of social
events, workshops, training groups, conferences and open rituals. The WWL also organise events
just for their members, so that you can meet the faces behind the names.
In parts of the world it is not that easy, and you might have to travel to attend conferences or
workshops. This might seem like a lot of work just to meet other people, but if you are serious
then travel should not deter you from your path.
When you do get the oppurtunity to meet other Pagans make an effort to ask around about open
groups and other events. As the organisers of the event if they know of groups which might be
taking on new trainees.
It is important to note that even in big cities such as London there are very few new groups
forming and the groups in existance might only take on a trainee every few years. Those who do
might expect to interview you to see if you will fit in with the rest of their group. If this
happens take the oppurtunity to interview them too! Be honest with them, but make sure that their
answers also satisfy you. Ask what they will be expecting from you and what training they will be
providing you with.
Unfortunately there are still some dubious groups using the name of Wicca to cover other
activities. Do not just join a group because they happen to be the first one which approaches you!
You should feel comfortable with your HPS & HP;
Sex should not be expected in return for training,
nor should it be part of your initiation;
You should not be expected to contribute large sums of
money in return for training - although you should expect to contribute towards temple expenses;
Confidentiality is VERY important in Wiccan groups;
Expect a lot of hard work!
Finally you should enjoy being part of the group you join!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Internet Book Of Shadows
- Self Dedication Explained by David Rankine and Sorita. A Self Dedication Ritual by David Rankine and Sorita.
- Hostage to the Devil - Malachi Martin
- For obvious reasons, we don't know everything about organized Satanist groups, or covens as they are called, in the United States.
- ADDRESS: No central address. Wiccan worship groups, called
- Wiccan worship groups, called covens, are essentially autonomous. Many, but .
- Cherry Hill Seminary Community Fundraising Kit
- folks they can get a gift or pledge from. If you are part of a group, set up a competition among the covens or circles in the group.
Suggested News Resources
- Investing: Green technology has big growth potential
- "We believe the clean technology trend is unstoppable," said Rafael Coven, managing partner for the San Francisco-based Cleantech Group.
- True Blood 'Let's Get Out of Here' Episode Guide
- Given the recent battle the coven seems none too pleased with Antonia, particularly for keeping vampire Eric under her control.
- Initiation: A Love Letter
- I know my coven, and our mother coven, is my refuge from the often disheartening world of interfaith and intrafaith squabbling.
- [Set Visit] Selene Comes Full Circle in 'Underworld: Awakening 3D'!
- We get to see her take out humans which is the first time we've seen that. We really get to see the true nature of what she's all about.
- Britt Robertson Talks CW's 'The Secret Circle' From Creators Of 'Vampire Diaries'
- She meets Thomas's character Adam and all these other people who are actually part of the coven and then she finds out that she is also part of this coven. She's part of this new generation of witches.
Suggested Web Resources
- How to Find a Wiccan or Pagan Coven
- Are you part of a coven that is accepting new members? Here's where you can list your contact information, and let other readers know a little about your group.
- How To Find a Coven in Your Area
- How to find a Pagan or Wiccan coven in your area.
- Find a Local Coven
- How do you find a coven in your area?
- How Do I Find a Coven?
- This page gives you advice on locating a coven. How Do I Find a Coven? become a full member in a short period of time, even if you are right for the group.
- How to find a Coven or Teacher
- In the 1970's a seeker who wished to find a teacher or coven had a very difficult time.
Related searchestacrolimus history
kiro-tv kiro alumni
shrimp paste terasi
xian colleges and universities
scarecrow comics scarebeast
messenger rna mrna life cycle
yukawa potential fourier transform