How to find a Coven or Group
Copyright © David Rankine 1999 - This article can be distributed freely for non commercial use, subject to the name of the author and this copyright notice being displayed with the article.
If you are looking for a group then going out and meeting people and talking, asking questions and
showing your intent of finding a group are the most important steps.
If you stay at home and never mingle with other people then don't expect anything to happen. This
is not a 'spoonfed' path to walk, there is a lot of serious work involved and when you do find a
group,the work doesn't stop.
Joining a Coven means giving up a lot of free time, subsituting social time for Coven time and
spending a lot of time studying and experiencing... So which ever path you follow, and which ever
type of group you are seeking - make an effort and be patient.
In big cities such as the one we live in, London (UK) there is no reason to say 'But there is
nothing to go to'. There are online organisations such as WWL (http:
//www.clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/wiccansandwitchesinlondon) who keep their members informed of social
events, workshops, training groups, conferences and open rituals. The WWL also organise events
just for their members, so that you can meet the faces behind the names.
In parts of the world it is not that easy, and you might have to travel to attend conferences or
workshops. This might seem like a lot of work just to meet other people, but if you are serious
then travel should not deter you from your path.
When you do get the oppurtunity to meet other Pagans make an effort to ask around about open
groups and other events. As the organisers of the event if they know of groups which might be
taking on new trainees.
It is important to note that even in big cities such as London there are very few new groups
forming and the groups in existance might only take on a trainee every few years. Those who do
might expect to interview you to see if you will fit in with the rest of their group. If this
happens take the oppurtunity to interview them too! Be honest with them, but make sure that their
answers also satisfy you. Ask what they will be expecting from you and what training they will be
providing you with.
Unfortunately there are still some dubious groups using the name of Wicca to cover other
activities. Do not just join a group because they happen to be the first one which approaches you!
You should feel comfortable with your HPS & HP;
Sex should not be expected in return for training,
nor should it be part of your initiation;
You should not be expected to contribute large sums of
money in return for training - although you should expect to contribute towards temple expenses;
Confidentiality is VERY important in Wiccan groups;
Expect a lot of hard work!
Finally you should enjoy being part of the group you join!
Suggested Pdf Resources
- So you want to find a coven, hearth or grove, or meet other Pagans
- So you want to find a coven, hearth or grove, or meet other Pagans ... You may want to join a group in the hope of learning how to perform rituals, or divination or ...
- Witchcraft - The Pagan Federation
- In recent times, many women have turned to Witchcraft, finding in the role of the ... Many Witches meet in small groups, called covens, which give room for each ...
- Circle, Coven, & Grove: A Year Of Magickal Practice TABLE OF
- Part One: Getting Started. Chapter One: How to use this book--Read Now. Chapter Two: Some Wicca Basics.
- Spirithawks (Wicca) Photographs: Email Address/Website
- to lead the way in entering into a smaller circle for coven rituals. Members ... that had shown a particular interest in group worship but had yet to find or establish ...
- The Pentacle of Community - Reclaiming Quarterly
- group. The name means “Greening the. Earth,” and our vision has been to grow ...
Suggested News Resources
- True Life Update: Is Self-Proclaimed Witch Apollo Still Casting Supernatural
- I've been helping out a lot with figuring out solutions to problems within the group involving people who have broken rules. I'm also giving a lot of metaphysical input ... The coven is great.
- Sharks Gameday: Ol' Scratch, Pantera t-shirts, Big Bear, and me
- For the most part, the activities were 70% stupid teen shit and 30% religious, and I mostly liked being in the mountains and swimming in their lake. I crushed on the girls I met, and became friends ...
- You Can Lead a Witch to Circle, But You Can't Make Them Coven
- Of course I was thrilled to have our hard-earned lessons be put to good use in a new teaching circle. In a few weeks I travel to teach these very subjects in to group in Philadelphia. These honors almost went to my head.
- Bachelor blog: Naz plots her survival and Metz does a turnaround
- “This week, the fun really begins because I've met all these lovely girls and I finally get to take them on dates,” his voiceover says brimming with enthusiasm, while he swims away from the camera; from the action. ....
- The Vatican's Newspaper Has A Surprising Reaction To Spotlight's Oscar Win
- Spotlght may not have taken home as many awards as Mad Max: Fury Road last night, but the film's top prizes of Best Picture and Best Original Screenplay will help keep its name alive for years to come.
Suggested Web Resources
- INDEX: Covens & Groups - All Ages - The Witches' Voice
- Welcome to our COVENS & GROUPS Index Page. The Witches' Voice is proud to present the wonderful covens, groups and organizations in the locations listed ...
- HOW TO CONTACT A LOCAL WICCAN OR COVEN
- Jan 2, 2012 Consult the index of individuals, covens and groups maintained by the ... Attempt to find a listing for a group or individual in the next large city.
- How to find a Coven or Teacher - Blue Moon Wicca
- In the 1970's a seeker who wished to find a teacher or coven had a very difficult time. ... You can find listings of groups and stores offering such classes on The ...
- How To Find a Coven - Paganism and Wicca - About.com
- Looking for a Pagan coven or group? Awesome! Here are some ways you can find one.
- Local Covens and Groups - Paganism and Wicca - About.com
- How to find a Pagan or Wiccan coven in your area. Discusses safety tips, things to look for, and what sort of dynamic makes a coven the right fit for you.
Related searchesmujahideen mujahideen in bosnia
jason defense advisory group
ready room captain picards ready room
blue bell creameries history
battle of the big hole the battle