Book Review: Halloween by Silver Ravenwolf
Author Silver RavenWolf, who has brought us such books as "Teen Witch," "To Light a Sacred Flame" and "To Stir a Magick Cauldron", to name just a few...has delighted us with Halloween.
Come and explore how the Old Word Traditions of Samhain and Halloween began. As you read the pages, you will be transported in time from the Old World into the New. Discover why Samhain is such a wonderful and important Sabbat.
Learn how to celebrate Halloween in the Pagan Tradition of today. From the first page to the last, the book is filled with Halloween Magick, Myths and Superstitions, Divinations, Rites and Recipes from the Kitchen. Whether you are a practicing Solitaire, a member of a Coven, Grove or Circle, or just looking for ideas to entertain the kids, there is something here for you.
Want to learn a Ritual to Honor the Dead, or how to make Magick Mirrors for Divination? Need some goodies for a party? (Try making Snakes in the Graveyard Dust. They are delicious and the kids will love them.) Ever wondered how to make a Corn Husk Dolly? Silver hasn't left this tradition out. Not only does she give you step by step directions, she also provides diagrams along the way.
Halloween is not only insightful and enlightening, Halloween is a light-hearted and fun book. I highly recommend this book, not just to the pagan community, but to all communities.
Suggested News Resources
- The Trouble With 101 Books
- Since most Witches (and other Pagans) don't dip back into the “101” waters after their first couple of years, the only things they really know to recommend are the books they read when they were starting out.
- Lughnassa/Lammas: What's In a Name (or Date)?
- They also just don't feel like a holiday in the way that Christmas or Halloween do. It's also the ...
- Wicca and the Idea of Duotheism
- Those four books were Silver Ravenwolf's To Ride a Silver Broomstick, Raymond Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft, Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham, and A Witches Bible by Janet and Stewart Farrar. Those are the ...
- Minnesota's Llewellyn stocks shops with magical books, cards
- Webster published his first book in 1972. His longevity suggests the support available from Llewellyn, which includes Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki, Isaac Bonewits, Mary K. Greer, Raven Grimassi, Amber K, Silver Ravenwolf, and Robin Wood in its author list.
- 10 Books Every Goth Needs on His or Her Shelf (But Doesn't Have to Actually Read)
- Ed. Note: This isn't a plot to get dumb people naked is it? Author's ...
Related searchesmaplestory gameplay
dream dictionary riches
colombian peso history
mess dress royal navy
list of neopets blumaroo