Venus - The Sweet Goddess of Love
A soft, tender world in which we intimately relate to the persons and objects we love, a world where rejection is replaced by an over-flowing river of attention and attraction, a world full of beauty and harmony.
The confirmation that you are okayâ€¦the knowingness that you are beautifulâ€¦the sensual connection with a lover, a flower, a pet, or the embrace of a treeâ€¦the thrill of a great piece of artâ€¦the temptation of tasty food and sweetsâ€¦the seduction of a loverâ€¦the joy of dance and laughterâ€¦and the relaxation of a massageâ€¦these are the realms of Venus.
The world of sweetness is based on the over-all love and acceptance we subconsciously know from the months we floated in the warm waters of the womb.
Venus or Aphrodite, the beautiful goddess of love, was born from the sea. She arose from the white foamy waves, standing on a shell and solely dressed in her long hairs.
As a goddess from the sea we may expect a relationship between her and emotions, the changeable waters of our soul. Indeed there is, since one can only approach love, sensuality, beauty and pleasure in an emotional way.
Venus wishes to relate and connect; she will regard every living being or object in relationship to herself. How can it complement her, touch her, move her, pleasure her, seduce her, confirm her, satisfy her, adore and admire her? How can someone or something mirror her timeless beauty, youthful aliveness and sensual desires?
Around her waist she wears a magickal girdle which will make every man fall in love with her, and she needs this for the Queen of Love is nowhere without a partner who shows his affection.
She dances her way through life like a magnificent butterfly, tasting lover after lover and enjoying every party. Her favourite partner however is the god Mars or Ares.
He is the opposite side of hers. Where she prefers harmony, he chooses strife and rebellion. Where she is soft, he is hard. Where she is kind, he is rude. Where she is cautious, he is adventurous, daring and impulsive. While she desires a long and intimate love-play that nurtures all the senses, Mars will approach sexuality in a straight-forward and instinctive way. While she is moved by emotions, he is moved by actions. They are water and fire, and together they create a warm, moisty and sensual atmosphere.
Venus lives in every man and every woman. She determines how we express ourselves emotionally in love, sex, marriage and relationships; how we socialize and connect with other people. She has a voice in what we like and dislike and in what we find beautiful or esthetic. She might give laziness, since her essence is not acting but reacting. And she might over-indulge in sweets.
With the emphasis on attraction and sexuality, she is also regarded as nature goddess and the season of spring.
In the body she rules the sugar metabolism, the pancreas, the kidneys as organs that take care of many balances in the body, the skin as organ for touch and caress, the eyes and hair as expression of beauty, and the ovaries.
Her astrological sign equivalents are Libra and Taurus.
Suggested News Resources
- End of an era: KL's Venus Art to close down after 47 years
- Yap Chin Fatt, 84, chose the 'artistic' word Venus for his iconic store in Petaling Street that has stood the test of time for almost half a century.
- A celebration of food: Feb. 10-16
- But it wasn't until 1940, with the creation of the York Peppermint Pattie, that the cool and sweet candy gained popularity.
- Expert Advice: "What does your sweetheart really want for Valentine's Day?"
- They communicated simply by sending the appropriate flowers. The red rose — being the most popular flower for Valentine's Day — was believed to have also been the favorite flower of Venus, the Roman Goddess of Love. It has come to represent love and ...
- Celebration of cupid and love
- Reader Ken Allan will set the mood at 7:30 p.m. with a selection of captivating Valentine-themed poetry of varied moods, from sweet to high-spirited, all drawn from the period.
- Valentine's Love Spell
- A few years ago I pledged my service to Aphrodite, Goddess of love and beauty, and occasionally I catch a whiff of this “oh-witchier-than-thou” attitude (mostly on reddit comments) as if she is some sort of light-weight Goddess.
Related searchesphosphorus biological role
vertical stabilizer conventional tail
drizzt dourden weapons
ian smith udi and its aftermath
mahendra singh dhoni career
home outfitters locations