Tarot Reading Misunderstandings and Frequently Asked Questions
Six Questions I Get Asked Most
Fate or Free Will
The question of whether a card in the future position is
absolutely 'gospel' is a matter which often baffles until experience is gelled
with feeling. Because a card denotes a certain influence or event does not
always mean that influence cannot be altered. Even as we talk about the future
we begin to conceptualise it in a freer way and thus it may be modified or
changed or even overthrown by the stronger ideas and thoughts of individual
mind. In short the future is not carved in tablets of stone.
'Death' and 'Devil' Cards
The bogeys of the pack often put the fear of God into the
person having the reading. These arcanum should be treated with the utmost care,
opened up for discussion and never just taken at face value. Death gives the
greatest opportunity for change, demands it in fact, and all life is change.
'The Devil' concerns the immediate negatives that the enquirer is unwilling to
face or that someone closely connected is unwilling to face. Often death may
appear after a demise, or the Devil may appear when there is ill-health or
chicanery, but in terms of the future they are the darker side of life with
which we constantly have to deal and not simply the villains of the
A lot of people are perplexed by the fact that some cards when
selected appear upside down, or reversed, and whether this should be taken into
In actual fact, it is down to the individual understanding of the
reader. Some tarot readers will 'read' a lot into reversed meanings and some
will not. I personally do not. The tarot cards themselves are very much a focal
point for the clairvoyant skills or the perceptions of whoever is reading them.
Block Definitions Defining tarot card meanings is again at the
discretion of the reader. A card falling in one spread in one position does not
necessarily mean the same in another spread. The card meanings have to be
integrated in an overall sense. Hence, the king of cups on one query will not
always convey the same meaning to the reader in the next spread. The reader's
ability to take in information over and above that of the main wisdom of the
card is not only prerequisite but fundamental to the correct use of tarot.
Otherwise, a stereotyped and contrived version of life and events will ensue and
be more hindrance than help.
Less is More!
People often wonder whether the more tarot cards are actually
spread the more information is forthcoming. Some readers may spread a lot of
cards in order to fill in blanks if it's a complex or difficult subject, but
mostly this is not the case. If you are learning the tarot try to avoid
spreading too many cards, you will confuse yourself, certainly until more
experienced. The brunt of the information on a good tarot reader is 'impactful'
within the opening minutes and the added information tends to layer itself on
what is already on the table. Unless the person being read for is blocked or
afraid, in which case the reader may make the fight for access easier for
themself by adding more cards
Card Layout or Design
There are many sorts of spreads and layouts and again its down
to the individual likes and dislikes of whoever is reading. Some people don't
need tarot at all and use ordinary playing cards. (Its a test of how your
psychic abilities are developing if you can use an ordinary deck, but don't
worry if you can't.) But if you are too busy worrying about your layout or
spread design it may actually impede your right hand brain (intuitive faculty)
so use the layout you are comfortable with. Simple layouts are best if you're
learning: three cards laid horizontally and then perhaps three cards on top when
the reading is unfolding. If you're receiving a reading, don't even give it
consideration. Leave it to the reader - you don't go to the dentist and watch
every single instrument he uses
Suggested Pdf Resources
- September the 4th 2011 Hawth Booklet
- KAREN FULLER Medium, Clairvoyant, Tarot Reader. 01277 363488. HELENA CLARKE.
- Cybercoven: Being a witch online1
- Starhawk, perhaps one of the most famous and most widely read Amer- ican Witches . asked to give permission for use of the discussion in my academic research. Those who .
- Avaton 1927 - 2011
- May 21, 2011 fabulous tarot readings will never forget Sam. . Always ask questions, always look and ask who is truly benefiting from such an action.
- Some Quotable Quotes for Statistics
- Reality is frequently inaccurate. Douglas Adams For example, you can read horoscopes, tea leaves, tarot cards, or A priest asked: What is Fate, Master?
Suggested News Resources
- Talking of Hawking and thinking of God
- Any way, for me praying, reading a self-help book, speaking to ancestors, reading tarot cards or conjuring a spell - all amount to addressing and reinforcing the same psychological needs.
Suggested Web Resources
- online tarot reading - Tarot Reading Information, Tarot FAQ
- Tarot Reading Misunderstandings and Frequently Asked Questions. Six Questions I Get Asked Most. (by Lyn Shea).
- Tarot Reading: Misunderstandings and Frequently Asked Questions
- Jul 26, 2011 Tarot Reading The Six Questions I Get Asked Most.
- Judaism 101: Kabbalah and Jewish Mysticism
- Provides a sample of kabbalistic thought and suggestions for further reading.
Related searcheslist of diseases starting with d dia
steve winwood singles
list of board game publishers
morris water maze water maze analysis
nazi nuremberg laws history