Story of the Soul Tarot Layout
refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul."
Psalm 142, Verse 4
"Three things distinguish living from the soul versus living from the ego
only. They are: the ability to sense and learn new ways, the tenacity to ride a
rough road and the patience to learn deep love over time."
Pinkola-Estes "Women Who Run with the Wolves"
"'So I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope,
Because hope would
be hope for the wrong thing.
And wait without love, because love would be
love for the wrong thing.
But there is yet faith, and the faith and the love
and the hope are all in the waiting."
T.S. Eliot "East Coker"
of religious and cultural interpretations, literature, scripture, doctrines and
debates. Almost every interpretation varies on the same theme, that every living
body is made up of visible, physical matter and an invisible spirit, the soul.
The soul is considered by some to be the conscience or the individual
consciousness. It is viewed as the centre of energy and as the manifestation of
invisible reality in people.
believe it often comes from unexpected places. It comes first of all from living
close to the heart, and not at odds with it. Therefore, paradoxically, soul
power may emerge from failure, depression, and loss. The general rule is that
soul appears in the gaps and holes of experience. It is usually tempting to find
some subtle way of denying these holes or distancing ourselves from them. But we
have all experienced moments when we've lost a job or endured an illness only to
find an unexpected inner strength."
Thomas Moore "Care of the
According to Carl G. Jung, the soul was a link to the unconscious and a
personification of its contents which belonged both to the individual and to the
spirit world. Jung developed the concept of individuation. Individuation is a
process by which we achieve the sense of being a unique individual actively
involved in the workings of our soul. The more we can embrace the possibilities
of life entering into us, the more individual we are. He felt that only when we
embraced our grief could our souls grow.
left to hide, who has become transparent through self acceptance; his soul is
loved, wholly revealed, wholly existential; he is just what he is, freed from
paranoid concealment, from the knowledge of his secrets and his secret
knowledge; his transparency serves as a prism for the world and the not-world.
For it is impossible reflectively to know thyself; only the last reflection of
an obituary may tell the truth, and only God knows our real names."
Hillman "Myths of Analysis"
Pythagoras believed the soul was a fallen, polluted deity incarcerated in the
body and doomed to a perpetual cycle of rebirth. He also believed that the soul
could be liberated by ritual purifications which would allow the soul to achieve
harmony with the universe. Origen, a third Century Christian Platonist, believed
there was a kinship between God and the soul and that knowledge of the divine
was a natural state. He viewed the Virgin Birth as the birth of the divine
Wisdom in the soul.
Gnosticism held that spiritual beings had grown tired of perfect
comtemplation of the God who had shown himself to them in the Logos, the divine
Word and Wisdom. They had fallen from the divine world into physical bodies
which stopped their descent. The soul could still ascend to God in a slow,
steady journey which continued after the death of the physical body. The Apostle
Paul distinguished between the soul (psyche) which animated the physical body
(soma) and the immortal spirit (pneuma) which was informed by the Holy Spirit.
The spirit shone through the psyche onto the complete individual, so that the
individual could live and be made whole again after the resurrection.
I have developed the following reading based on some of the higher concepts
and lower limitations of our souls. This is a 22 card spread and the whole deck
is utilized. To prepare for the reading create your atmosphere as per your
typical routine, I recommend a white candle. Close your eyes and focus your
consciousness on your soul space, the space between your rib cage and your back.
Relax and bring your focus inward. Inhale deeply and release the breath.
Formulate the question "What is my soul's story?" and let it drop into your soul
space, visualize or simply feel this occurring. Listen for the answer and
continue holding the question in your soul. Open your eyes, shuffle your deck
and cut the cards in your usual method. One or two words will float into your
awareness. Meditate on these words as you deal out the cards in the following
1. What is the burden or beauty of my soul's memory?
2. What informs my
3. What strengthens or weakens my soul's will?
4. What is sweetest to my soul?
5. What is highest to my soul?
is best to my soul?
7. What is helping or hindering my soul's ability to discern and embrace new
8. What is helping or hindering my soul's perseverance, strength and
9. What is helping or hindering my soul's patience to learn and
accept deep love?
10. 11. 12. 13. 14.
10. What does my soul feel?
11. What does my soul sense?
12. What does
my soul believe?
13. What is my soul attached to?
14. What does my soul
15. 16. 17. 18. 19.
15. What does my soul have faith in?
16. What does my soul have hope
17. What does my soul love?
18. What is my soul waiting for?
What fills my soul with peace?
20. What is helping or hindering my soul to experience beauty?
21. What is
helping or hindering my soul to exercise restraint?
22. What is helping or
hindering my soul to surrender to pleasure?
I would recommend this as a good reading to include in your journal in order
that you may come back and reflect and meditate on its insights at a later date.
Eat something after you have completed the Soul Story to ground yourself again.
This reading would be helpful done once a year for insight or on a birthday or
anniversary date. Please use it as required if a genuine soul crisis occurs in
your life or someone else's. Be prepared for a surprising, insightful and
genuine story of the state of your soul. Let self be transparent, send ego to
bed along with your lower emotions, fears, anxieties and doubts. The dark beauty
of your soul's story is calling you, make time to listen.
"So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for
someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure...that
you really are strong, and you really do have worth."
Veronica A. Shofstall
"After A While"
"Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall
compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me."
Psalm 142, Verse
"For what shall it profit a man, is he shall gain the whole world, and lose
his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"
Verses 36, 37 KJV
"For most of human history we have searched for our place in the cosmos. Who
are we? What are we? We find that we inhabit an insignificant planet of a
humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe
in which there are far more galaxies than people. We make our world significant
by the courage of our questions, and by the depth of our answers."
"We gaze up at the same stars, the sky covers us all, the same universe
encompasses us. What does it matter what practical system we adopt in our search
for the truth? Not by one avenue only can we arrive at so tremendous a secret."
Symmachus 384, C.E.
"The great events of world history are at bottom profoundly unimportant. In
the last analysis the essential thing is the life of the individual".
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE LANGUAGE OF SIGNS: SEMIOSIS AND THE MEMORIES OF
- aptly called Tarot's history and mystery.5 The semiotic approach contributes, in part, to a layout becomes a symbolic text having both a synchronic and diachronic dimension. the soul's memories could be either in words or in images.
- BAUTA LAYOUT
- no idea how many books on the Tarot I've read over the years, but none have captured own, or as part of the more usual type of card spread. .. stories to add to your present bag of divination and reading magics - has spoken to her soul.
- The Tarot Reader
- Reviews. “Tarot Spreads” App for iPhone and iPad … .. this is Arnell Ando's tarot ART and HISTORY tour through northern Italy.
- INTUITIVE TAROT - SPREADS.qxd
- Formulating your own intuitive spreads can be a challenge, but it is fascinating to see how . a story to tell, possibly even a gift to offer. I think it might be useful if ..
- SH ISSUE 72 2011
- Take a journey of remembering through soul retrieval, story telling, dreaming, recapitulation, celebration and connection to the earth.
Suggested News Resources
- The Art of Holly Greene White
- One of my pieces, although not an actual soul portrait,"Tea Leaves and Tarot" is currently on display at the Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art in Altoona. This piece is from an actual card 'reading' that I had ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Edgar Cayce, the Faithful Psychic
- Story of the Soul Tarot Layout (c) Cheryl Lynne Bradley 2001.
- MYSTIC NET
- Story of the Soul Tarot Layout. I have developed the following reading based on some of the higher concepts and lower limitations of our souls.
- Story Of The Soul Tarot Layout | RM.com ®
- Story Of The Soul Tarot Layout articles, reference materials. Need more on Story Of The Soul Tarot Layout?
- Tarot: THE Celtic Cross Spread: The Self Seeds & The Soul Tree
- Mar 14, 2011 TAROT : THE SPREAD THE SELF SEEDS & THE SOUL TREE By: the tarot provides a map --a hypothetical human story about you're client.
- Looking for Love Spreads - Aeclectic Tarot
- Looking for love Tarot Spreads. Read Thirteen's unique stories and meanings for the 78 cards, and download them now Some original Tarot spreads to help with the perennial search for love, passion, romance, and finding your soul mate.
Related searchesthe euthyphro project
perfect dark storyline and missions
gladiator shiar character history
forced evolutionary virus
county laois population