Why would anyone need to use a pendulum? Well if you are serious about
psychic or spiritual development this is just one of many great ways to open
your psyche and its easy to use. The main reason I use the pendulum now is
purely to aid and further develop my clairvoyance, although occasionally I have
used pendulums to aid me when I give psychic/spiritual/tarot readings over the
Internet, just purely to confirm what I have already been given from spirit or
intuition. It can take between a few weeks to a few months for the accuracy of
the pendulum to become consistent and when it does there are many great uses for
it, here are just a few...
- Finding lost jewelry, keys, photos etc
- Finding out the sex of a baby before it is born
- Navigating maps
- To help with Feng Shui in finding energy spots in a house/room
- To help find ghosts/spirits
- To help in diagnosing health problems...
The list is endless, maybe you can find your own uses.
The reason I mentioned diagnosing health problems is, there are specialists
out there who use pendulums specifically for this reason, but they have been
using them for many years and they do have a medical background, one in
particular used to have regular visits from Lady Diana. Although healing in any
form can be a great benefit, but should be used as complementary only, you
should never attempt to diagnose health problems, always consult a medical
professional for this.
HOW TO USE A PENDULUM
First you will need to make a pendulum if you don't already have one, when I
first started to use one, all I used was a plumb line, which is what builders
use to find level edges. Basically all it is, is a piece of string with a weight
on the end. You can use anything you wish, string, cotton, nylon etc and the
same goes for the weight at the end, you can use stones, crystals, keys, nuts
and bolts as long as its heavy enough to act as a pendulum. In its simplest form
all you need to do is tie a weight to one end of a piece of string. Suggested
string length should be around 20 to 30 cm.
There are so many suggested ways of holding a pendulum, to be honest I don't
think it matters that much, at the end of the day its what you feel is right for
you, that's the best way in any psychic or spiritual development. All I do is
hold the string between my finger and thumb, and at arms height and at about
half arms length.
Now about which hand to use, well I have two theories on this. You can either
use the hand that you don't write with, the reason for this is, lets say your
like me, your left handed, so my left hand would be stronger than my right hand,
so if I used my right hand I would have less conscious control over the
pendulum, which is what you want.
The other theory is to do with subconscious and the right side of the brain.
The subconscious is the part of the brain/mind, which deals with all the psychic
phenomena and spiritual contact, and also the right side of the brain is
connected to the left hand side of our body, so in this theory we use the left
hand to hold the pendulum. I've experiment with both and I find this theory is
the more accurate for use with a pendulum. I've done a lot of experiments in
this area with hypnosis and found it to be a fact. Try both to see which is best
for you. You will have and advantage if you are initially right handed because
you will be using your left hand, the weaker one, plus the subconscious. You can
also apply this theory to anything, whether it be choosing tarot cards, runes,
automatic writing etc. Another important thing to mention is the skeptics, they
will often say "Well Its the Subconscious which is moving the Pendulum" and
that's correct it is the subconscious, but that's exactly what you want to
happen, like I said earlier its the subconscious part of the brain/mind that
deals with the psychic and spiritual communication.
Ok, now we need to establish some sort of YES and NO method to use with the
pendulum. We need to program the subconscious to recognize a YES and NO
response. The best way I found in doing this was to consciously start the
pendulum moving (make it swing) in a clockwise motion and while you are doing
this you can mentally or out loud keep repeating the word "YES" over and over.
Then do the same for the NO response, but this time consciously swing the
pendulum anticlockwise. You may need to do each one for about 5 minutes and
leave a few minutes between each response. You can also try it the other way
round too, anticlockwise for YES and clockwise for NO, again whatever works best
Another method is to ask a Question that you know the answer to, like "Is my
name sue" or whatever your name may be, take notice of which way pendulum is
swinging and this will be your YES, then ask another Question that you know the
answer to but this time make it give a NO answer, if your real name is sue, and
you say "Is my name Leanne" then notice which way the pendulum is swinging, this
will be you NO answer.
You may find that your YES or NO answer may swing just backward and forward
and not clockwise/anticlockwise that's fine as long as you can establish a YES
and NO response.
Now we'll look at learning to use the pendulum. You will need some playing
cards for this, a selection of about 10 will do, as long as they're equally
mixed with red and black. Next mix them up so you don't know the order and lay
them out face down on a table. Take your pendulum and hold over each one in turn
and ask "Is this card red" or "Is this card black" and note your answers you may
not get them all correct first time, but after a few weeks you will start to see
an improvement. When you get a bit more experienced you can start by asking for
the colour of the card, the suit of the card and even the card it self. This is
actually a very good method for developing clairvoyance, you may find after a 4
or 5 months you won't need the pendulum, you will hear or see the answer in your
After a few months of using the pendulum, start by using your hand as the
pendulum, hold a card face down in your right palm and hold your left hand over
the card and ask, "Is this card" etc. Your hand will become the pendulum and
move in either clockwise or anti-clockwise motion depending on which way you
have set for the YES and NO response, this can take a little longer to get used
to but it does work.
Try to use the methods above continually, everyday, for about 4 weeks. You
can use the pendulum for allsorts of things from finding lost jewelry to finding
out your spirit guides name. As with all psychic and spiritual things don't
expect instant results over night, they can take time, but you should see some
big improvements in a matter of weeks, and most of all have fun.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- PENDULUMS PENDULUMS & ACCESSORIES
- 3. PENDULUMS. PENDULUMS & ACCESSORIES.
- Coupled Pendulums
- The motion of 2 coupled identical pendulums will be studied.
- Name__________________________ Exploring Pendulums
- Name__________________________. Exploring Pendulums. Predictions.
- A phenomenology of Galileo's experiments with pendulums
- The paper reports new findings about Galileo's experiments with pendulums and discusses their The pendulum is the most open-ended of Galileo's artefacts.
Suggested News Resources
- Repetition is key
- Attach a golf ball to a string, get it swinging, and you have a pendulum. The first question is, does it accelerate? Yes, pendulums accelerate as long as they are swinging down.
- Amazing Pendulum Video
- Check out this amazing video of pendulums set up to create "simple harmonic (and non-harmonic motion." It's from the Harvard Natural Science Demonstrations website, which features dozens of great videos about physics and math.
- UK atomic clock is most accurate
- For those six high-precision atomic pendulums, absolute accuracy is a tireless pursuit. At the last count in 2010, the UK's atomic clock was on a par with the best of them in terms of long-term accuracy: to about one part in 2500000000000000.
- Book creator plays with light
- A harmonograph is a mechanical device that uses swinging pendulums to draw pictures. Simpson said in the 1800s it was often used at parties to entertain the guests. "I thought, 'How can we modify this?
Suggested Web Resources
- Pendulum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A pendulum is a weight suspended from a pivot so that it can swing freely.
- What is a Pendulum?
- What's a pendulum anyway? Something hanging from a fixed point at the bottom is called a "BOB". Continue .
- About Dowsing Pendulums for Beginner and Expert Pendulum
- THE DOWSING PENDULUM EXPERTS CHOOSE.
- Pendulum, Basics: a practical use; how to deal with the pendulum, types, selecting, programming and testing it,other usage.
- Pendulums - How to Use a Pendulum
- spiritual guide to pendulum divination use for personal healing or inner growth.
Related searchesnanjing culture and art
battle of the bulge aftermath
siege of candia the siege
alkane chemical properties