Reiki for free?
â€œI always thought one had to be given the ability to use reiki, I was made a 1st degree and always wondered how to get my second...any ideas?â€
In other words: any volunteers to give me the attunement second degree for free? Yes, they are out there, try a search-engine.
In the reiki world payment for healings and attunements - initiations is passionately debated.
The advocates of paid treatments state that an energy exchange in the form of money should take place; otherwise the receiver does not value what is given, which will be reflected in no or lesser healing taking place. And when it comes to initiations they find that a person should be willing to make a financial sacrifice in order to fully receive a precious divine gift.
The promotors of free reiki state that reiki energy is a natural thing, that God did not charge for it, so the healer-teacher should not charge either. They should sacrifice their time to share it for free.
Please note that both parties speak of sacrifice.
Making a sacrifice is a religious act. The devotee should give something to a god-head in order to receive a desired thing. The priest(ess) should perform divine services for free and rely on charity. In many religions you will find this system back of practicioners giving up worldly pleasures and possessions in devotion to the God-force. It belongs to a time in which spiritual seekers withdrew from society.
The new generation of healers, teachers, spiritual workers stands amidst ordinary life. When one lives in a temple, simple food and shelter will be supplied. When one lives in an apartment, the pay-check for the rent will be sent every month. Can one simply apply the old system of sacrificing material things on the situation of nowadays?
In former days the average prices for reiki courses were $ 125 for reiki I, $ 500 for reiki II and no less than $ 10,000 for the mastery degree. I know of masters-to-be taking on a loan to pay the mastery degree, and of many more persons unable to ever pay such.
Can someone decide for you that, if you cannot afford such an amount, you are not ready to receive the gift? Isnâ€™t that elitarian?
On the other hand, can somebody decide for you that you should sacrifice your time and do it for free? Didnâ€™t we get free will to make our own decisions? Can you freely send love and light from the heart when you feel morally forced so?
Another point is the subject of energy exchange. The classic reiki idea is that the energy transmitted by the healer or teacher should be somehow paid back by the receiver; otherwise it is a one-way action and no energy exchange has taken place. And if you have not offered something, you are unable to receive is the belief. Tit for tat.
But: reiki is no money, reiki is energy, and when the person is open to receive there will always be an energy exchange between two persons. And if the (un)consciousness of the person is unwilling to receive, nothing will happen even if he paid a thousand dollars for an hour. Healing is taking place with the mind, not with the wallet.
In the name of Love and Light much arguing takes place.
Reiki comes from hyperspace, from that place that is no place, where love, peace and acceptance are complete and where everything is possible, no matter what theories we come up with. If you enjoy sharing reiki for free, that is okay with the Force. If you feel happy with asking a price for your services, that is okay with the Force. Just as long as you are love and radiate love. All the rest is secundary.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Free Reiki Ebook
- Downloaded from http://www.reikipress.com, home of the FREE.
- Keeping Reiki Free - The International Center for Reiki Training
- Keeping Reiki Free. B Y W ILLIAM L E E R AND. Illustration by Tom Bowman.
- Free Form Reiki Shawl
- Free Form Reiki Shawl. A Reiki Craft Project™. As seen in Reiki News Magazine, Fall 2011.
- DNA Healing reiki
- Flame (available for free at www.elementenergy.com), used in conjunction with DNA Healing Reiki, is especially powerful.
- Rest your mind and body with free Reiki sessions
- often have trouble getting to sleep and said that the prac- tice has helped her in her own battle with insomnia.
Suggested News Resources
- Local practitioners to offer free Reiki at expo
- The free Reiki sessions begin at 11:00 am and end at 4:00 pm. Tracy Mignone will be among the thirty area practitioners who will be volunteering their services and conducting 90 sessions during the day.
- A Look at Northfield Medicine: Is Reiki Right for You?
- But after my first Reiki attunement, something shifted—that underlying tension had dissolved.
- What's on this weekend in Islington
- Free tickets are available, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Attune yourself to reiki energy at these weekly reiki-share sessions from 4 to 5.
- Community calendar: what's going on in the region
- Open House of Salem Senior Services, 9:30 am to 2 pm at the Ingram Senior Center, 1 Sally Sweet Way, Salem, NH Includes psychic readings, reiki treatments, tours. Free admission, $10 for 20-minute reading and treatment session. 603-890-2190.
Suggested Web Resources
- FREE KUNDALINI REIKI ATTUNEMENTS - BEYOND THE MASTER
- ENJOY REMOTE REIKI TREATMENTS FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME- FREE!
- Keep Reiki Free
- Keep Reiki Free. To download an article previously published in the Reiki News Magazine on Keeping Reiki Free - Click Here.
- Free healing: free spiritual healing and free Reiki healing
- Spiritual healer offers free distant healing.
- FreeReikiAttunement.com - receive free reiki attunements
- Why should you pay for reiki attunements when you can get full attunements via the internet for free! Attune in Usui Reiki Level 1 through Masters Level.