Articles on Native American, Shamanism
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
- An Overview of Core Shamanism
- Core shamanism developed out of research done by Dr. Michael Harner. He discovered that all over the world, while the overall approaches to shamanism may be different, there were key elements in common. Dr. Harner then set about synthesizing these elements so...
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
- Shamanic Death
- What is a Shaman’s death, and who’s likely to have one? The death itself is a suspension between worlds. States of consciousness. The individual today, who is likely to have a "Shamanic Death" is chasing extinction itself. Through that process the...
- The Legend of the Dreamcatcher
- Long ago when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain and had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. As he...
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
- The Ten Native American Commandments
- Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect. Remain close the Great Spirit. Show great respect for your fellow beings. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed. Do what you know to be right. Look...
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Native American, Shamanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Role of Altered States of Consciousness in Native American
- Traditional Native American Healing.
- Hallucinogenic Drugs and Plants in Psychotherapy and Shamanism
- shamanism may sometimes use the same or similar psychoactive substances for ..
- From Hunting Magic to Shamanism: Interpretations of Native
- Specifically, the figure of the Native American shaman models masculine power as symbolic and spiritual, not physical, yet linked to a virile heterosexuality.
Suggested News Resources
- What makes a native American tribe?
- Sisk-Franco is the spiritual leader and chief of the Winnemem Wintu, a small traditional native American tribe of 123 people, and she is also a well-known Indian doctor, or shaman.
- Sedona sneak preview of life after death documentary
- After the death of his father, who was a famous scholar of American history, an artist seeks guidance from a Native American shaman to restore his spirit, vision and artistic productivity.
- Bryan Bortnem: Inspired by the prairie
- Native materials Like the Native Americans, Bortnem has a deep reverence for the earth. He incorporates native, natural materials into his pieces leather, bone, antler, horn and shell.
Suggested Web Resources
- Native American Shamanism
- Native American Shamanism.
- WE DO NOT HAVE SHAMANS: The Case Against "Shamans" In
- Shamanism is not the same thing as Native American spirituality.
- Shamanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shamanism is an anthropological term referencing a range of beliefs and practices .
- Shamanism, Power Animals And Animal Wisdom.
- Another common misconception is that shamanism is synonymous with Native American spirituality.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesvladimir horowitz
freedoms of the air seventh freedom
jim morrison legacy
dream interpretation restaurant