Articles on Native American, Shamanism
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
- An Overview of Core Shamanism
- Core shamanism developed out of research done by Dr. Michael Harner. He discovered that all over the world, while the overall approaches to shamanism may be different, there were key elements in common. Dr. Harner then set about synthesizing these elements so...
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
- Shamanic Death
- What is a Shaman’s death, and who’s likely to have one? The death itself is a suspension between worlds. States of consciousness. The individual today, who is likely to have a "Shamanic Death" is chasing extinction itself. Through that process the...
- The Legend of the Dreamcatcher
- Long ago when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain and had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. As he...
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
- The Ten Native American Commandments
- Treat the Earth and all that dwell thereon with respect. Remain close the Great Spirit. Show great respect for your fellow beings. Work together for the benefit of all Mankind. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed. Do what you know to be right. Look...
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Native American, Shamanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Movie review: Dream logic makes 'Embrace of the Serpent' fascinating
- His local guide, Manduca (Miguel Dionisio Ramos), takes Theo to Karamakate (Niblio Torres), a native shaman who is the last of his tribe.
- Acupuncture Point welcomes new owners
- There she will pursue shamanic studies, modeled after the shaman who are seen as the healer of Native American tribes. New owners, Anthony and Jade Nguyen, a brother-sister duo, will continue to offer acupuncture services first and foremost, said Ms.
- Trek of 'Embrace of the Serpent' winds way to Oscar nomination
- In a scene from “Embrace of the Serpent,” a native Amazonian called Karamakate tells the white explorer he's forging through the jungle to feel his surroundings with all of his senses. He scolds him after ...
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 3, Episode 14 Spoilers: Watch Preview Of 'Into The Wild
- She then transforms Joe Corbin into her true form — a Native American monster known as a Wendigo. Joe was a Wendigo in a season 2 episode. Abbie Mills and Ichabod Crane took help from a Shaman (Native American witch) in order to help Joe get ...
- A Former Day-Trader Brings Much-Needed Pizazz to the Palm Springs Dining Scene
- Tonight out-of-town dudes in tats and man buns crowd into velvety green banquettes alongside pretty young women dressed vaguely like Native American princesses. Everyone is ... Tara hands me a ceramic shaman vessel.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesformer yugoslavia
police academy proctor
european common market
dream dictionary train
ancient greek principal parts
music of ghana folk music