Articles on Buddhism
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
- An Overview of Karma
- Karma is a Sanskrit word than means act or action. In a nutshell, Karma is all about reaping the consequences of one’s action.
- I entrust myself to earth, Earth entrusts herself to me. I entrust myself to Buddha, Buddha entrusts herself to me. In Buddhism, there are three gems: Buddha, the awakened one; Dharma, the way of understanding and loving; and Sangha, the community that lives...
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Buddhism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Dhammakaya saga threatens to deepen feud in Thai Buddhism
- BANGKOK: Dhammakaya, the world's fastest growing group within Buddhism, has more than 4,000 monks and claims to have millions of followers in Thailand and abroad. In recent months however, the sect has come under increasing scrutiny over a raft of ...
- Buddhism's Teaching on the Five Elements: An Answer to Creating Friendly AGI?
- I suggest there is no such thing as 'Buddhism', but rather 'Buddhisms'.
- Dalai Lama: Buddhist centers should be academic classrooms, places of
- Earlier this week the Dalai Lama called on Buddhist centers to host academic pursuits and interreligious dialogue.
- 12 Buddhist Books To Read On Your Path To Enlightenment
- Buddhism is one of the world's oldest religions. Founded by Siddhartha Gautama, later known as the Buddha, circa the 5th century BCE, Buddhism outlines a path of personal spiritual enrichment through meditation and insight. Following in the Buddha's ...
- Buddhism Scholar Wins Grant to Study in Mongolia
- Early in the 20th century Buddhist monastics in Mongolia and Tibet engaged with European and Slavic intellectuals, exchanges that reframed the study of Buddhism and Inner Asia and continue to influence scholars today.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesethiopian calendar
the powers that be
arkham asylum inmates