Articles on Buddhism
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
- An Overview of Karma
- Karma is a Sanskrit word than means act or action. In a nutshell, Karma is all about reaping the consequences of one’s action.
- I entrust myself to earth, Earth entrusts herself to me. I entrust myself to Buddha, Buddha entrusts herself to me. In Buddhism, there are three gems: Buddha, the awakened one; Dharma, the way of understanding and loving; and Sangha, the community that lives...
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Buddhism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Pali Buddhist Dictionary
- Manual of Buddhist Terms & Doctrines Buddhist doctrinal terms, used in the Pāli Canon and its .
- MODERN KADAMPA BUDDHISM An Introduction
- An Introduction . What is Kadampa Buddhism? Kadampa Buddhism is a special tradition of Mahayana.
- Introduction to Buddhism
- Introduction to. Buddhism. By Thomas Knierim.
- Introduction to Buddhism
- Buddhism, one of the major world religions, began in India around the sixth century, B.C.E.
Suggested News Resources
- China Trying 3 Monks in Self-Immolation Case
- In April, China said it had started conducting “legal education” on monks at the monastery because the monks there had disobeyed Tibetan Buddhism rules and disrupted local order. Chinese officials had also put the monastery under guard.
- Monks bless possible Pataskala temple site
- Showe donated 7.8 acres on Blacks Road as part of the effort to build the Columbus Buddhism Center.
- Vanished Buddhist site rediscovered in Pakistan
- PTI A Gandhara Buddhist site, which was lost to the world due to neglect after it was excavated more than a century ago, has been rediscovered in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar.
- By Joshua Rothman Is Buddhism right? BUDDHISM IS in vogue in the West, partly because Buddhist practices, especially meditation, are popularly associated with contentment and well-being.
- Chinese-Backed Panchen Lama Concludes Disputed Gansu Visit
- The Panchen Lama is the second ranking spiritual leader in Tibetan Buddhism. But many Tibetans reject the current lama because of the way he was chosen.
Suggested Web Resources
- Basics of Buddhism
- A simple introduction to the religion and the basic tenets of Buddhists. From PBS.
- A Basic Buddhism Guide: 5 Minute Introduction
- What is Buddhism? Buddhism is a religion to about 300 million people around the world. The word comes from 'budhi', 'to awaken'.
- An Introduction to Buddhism
- Explores the history of Buddhism and its basic tenets.
- The religion of Buddhism
- Mar 17, 2011 Outline of Buddhist beliefs and practises from "Religious Tolerance" site.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheslionel blair
miocene miocene paleogeography
political migration examples
choi meaning of choi