Articles on Lammas
- Lammas Sabbat Ritual
- Lammas/Lughnasadh is the first of three harvest Sabbats. As it is a harvest, the God figures more prominently here than the Goddess, though she, too, is revered and thanked for bringing the fruits of harvest. The altar and circle can be decorated with sheaves...
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Lammas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Healing of Miss Fannie Lammas Through the Prayers of T. W.
- Lammas, a member of the Baptist Church in Nelson. Miss Lammas had been encased in a steel frame from head to foot for.
- Magick of Lughnassadh-- Lammas
- Aug 7, 2011 Lammas. August 1 to August 7 st th. This cross-quarter ceremony is best done between as Lughasadh to the Druids and also called Lammas.
- placul387 .qxd
- changing response to summer. This is the lammas growth flush, which declines with age.
- Role of lammas growth in recovery of Douglas-fir seedlings from
- ol'lammas growth, prcsumably bccausc ol'grcatcr soil moisturc and nutricnt availability.
Suggested News Resources
- Trucking along
- Memories: When Noel Collins, centre, gave the Vintage Car Club Marlborough branch an old Marlborough Transport truck door, he started to share stories with motoring historian John May, left, and former driver Ellis Lammas.
- OPINION SHAPER: This is the month of Lammas
- If you are looking for a real holiday to celebrate, August is the month of Lammas. That may not sound like much at first, but this harvest festival is full of forgiven fornication, flaming wagon wheels, flower-covered gloves and corn dolls.
- What's Up...Reaching the halfway mark
- By Vernon Whetstone Well, I was so excited about the Nebraska Star Party that I missed Lammas Day. What is that you ask? Well, why don't I tell you.
- Unitarian Universalist Pagans Observe the Sabbat of Lammas with a Summer Barbeque
- This new group's first event was held on the eve of Lammas, a festival celebrating the middle of summer and the beginning of harvest season.
- Lammas Fair ideas on how to improve
- BALLYCASTLE SDLP Councillor Dónal Cunningham has called on the local community to use their experiences of this year's Lammas Fair to suggest how the event can be improved in future years.
Suggested Web Resources
- Detailed information on the Wiccan Sabbat Lammas, including rituals, activities, symbolism, lore, and historical information.
- Lammas, Lughnasadh - Mything Links
- This is an illustrated page of carefully annotated links to the lore and rituals of the early August feast of Lammas (Lughnasadh).
- The Old Ways: Lammas
- Lammas, the festival of the First Fruits of the Harvest, is the first festival of the Waning Year.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesdream symbol flowing water