A selection of articles related to Asatru.
Original articles from our library related to the Asatru. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Asatru.
- Asatru, an Ancient Religion Reborn
- "Asatru" (often known as "Heathenism," "Germanic Paganism," "Elder Troth," and other names) means "faith in the Aesir", which are the Gods of pre-Christian Scandinavia. The other Germanic peoples (Goths,...
Religions >> Asatru
- Welcome again to my "Rune-of-the-Month" Club! At the rate I've been going, it's been more like the "Rune-of-the-Year" Club, but I'll try to speed up the pace. This article puts the series over the halfway mark. This is the twelfth of the...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Welcome to the Rune-of-the-Month Club! Ingwaz is the sixth rune of the third aett, and the twenty-second rune of the Elder Futhark as a whole. Its sound is that of the English “ng.” Like Thurisaz, it represents a sound written by two letters in the Roman...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Jesus Christ! You’re acting like one of those Christians
- "He drew a circle that shut me out— Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout. But Love and I had the wit to win; We drew a circle that took him in!" – Edwin Markham The room was filled with Pagans, Witches and a few Asatru. The discussion had flowed from &qu...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Asatru is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Asatru books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ways of the Asatru
- Chapter 2: The Nature of Divinity and Deity in Ásatrú …………..
- BASIC BELIEFS Although there are many variations in beliefs and
- Magic is not part of Ásatrú worship. In fact Ásatrú worship may be a group observance or a private offering. Yule is the only really universal Ásatrú holiday .
- STARTING AN ASATRU KINDRED By Tina LeBouthillier You've
- You've recently come home to Asatru, the religion of your ancestors. group, or would you like to grow Asatru in your area and meet a lot of new people?
- The Ásatrú Folk Manifesto
- The neo-pagan world has heard of the Ásatrú for easily two decades with all the concept.
Suggested News Resources
- Pagan Pride Day set for Saturday
- In the traditional Ásatrú ceremony, a drinking horn full of mead or ale is passed around and participants make toasts to the gods, other supernatural beings, heroes, ancestors, past deeds and to oaths or promises of future actions.
- Pagan Community Notes: Vivianne Crowley, Odroerir Journal, Sacred Harvest
- Reading more on their website it seems clear that they focus solely on Germanic paganism/ heathenry/ Asatru (whatever name you might prefer).
- Invisible Christian Privilege
- Most people just don't seem ready for the (neo)Pagan brands of religion & won't be rushing off to register for Asatru/Druidry/Hellenism, et. al. 101 anytime soon.
- There Is A Burgeoning Pagan Community In Chattanooga
- This is from a faith known as Asatru. Those who prescribe to the old gods of the north, Odin, Thor, Freyja, Frigga, Tyr, etc. It not only applies to those who claim to be Asatru, but can be used in every religion - much like the "Ten Commandments".
Suggested Web Resources
- Asatru Alliance | Homepage
- This is the official home of the Asatru Alliance, one of the major Asatru organizations, composed of several kindreds.
- ASATRU (Norse Heathenism)
- Feb 6, 2011 On the other hand, Ásatru and Asatru are more popular on the Internet than Asatro by a factor of 12.
- Asatru Basics
- Donar's Hammer Ásatrú Basics Donar's Hammer --Dedicated to aiding the -- This FAQ clears up many of the misconceptions about Ásatrú.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
power of prayer
dom lambert beauduin