A selection of articles related to abdomen.
Original articles from our library related to the Abdomen. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Abdomen.
- Learning to Breathe
- Learning to breathe for meditation and health has proved to be a "practicing" step with a few people. I know it took me awhile to get the hang of it. But once learned, easy as pie! Breathing correctly, especially during meditation is not only...
Mind >> Meditation
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Meditation and Kaballah
- Meditation is one of the most vital elements of occult and esoteric practices, especially in the study of the Kaballah. I've heard it said that prayer is talking to the Divine and meditation is listening for the answers. I've also heard that the answers come...
Mind >> Meditation
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
Abdomen is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Abdomen books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1. Introduction to the Practice of. Medicine - II.
- The abdomen is a roughly cylindrical chamber extending from the inferior margin opening to the abdomen, and is closed by the diaphragm.
- Computed Tomography (CT) - Abdomen and Pelvis
- CT scanning of the abdomen/pelvis is also performed to: quickly identify injuries to the liver, spleen, kidneys or other internal organs in cases of trauma.
- Computed Tomography (CT) - Abdomen
- Computed Tomography (CT) - Abdomen. What is CT Scanning of the Abdomen?
Suggested News Resources
- Five wounded in shootings across city
- A 34-year-old man was shot in the abdomen area about 9:20 pm Friday while riding a bicycle in the 3900 block of West 24th Street, police said. He was taken in critical condition to John H. Stroger Jr.
- 20-year-old shot in abdomen in Rockford
- By Anonymous ROCKFORD — A 20-year-old Hispanic man was dropped off at Rockford Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound to the abdomen about 8:30 pm today. The wound wasn't life-threatening, and Rockford Police are investigating.
- Man charged in death of 2-year-old Lincoln County boy
- LINCOLN COUNTY • A man from Lincoln County is accused of killing his girlfriend's 2-year-old son by kicking him in the abdomen after the man became angry at the boy Thursday for fighting with another child in their home. Douglas C.
- Burlington man stabbed, suspect in custody
- Ian Caine Lloyd, of South Ireland Street, received a single stab wound to his abdomen near his waist. His condition isn't immediately known, according to a Burlington Police Department news release.
- Woman accused of killing unborn child not in court
- A Buena woman accused of causing the death of her unborn grandchild by kicking her pregnant daughter in the abdomen refused to make her first appearance in the case Thursday.
Suggested Web Resources
- Abdomen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In vertebrates such as mammals the abdomen (belly) constitutes the part of the body between the thorax (chest) and pelvis.
- The Abdomen (Human Anatomy) - Picture, Function, Parts
- WebMD's Abdomen Anatomy Page provides a detailed image and definition of the abdomen. Learn about its function, parts, abdominal conditions, and more.
- Abdominal Pain Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment by
- 9 hours ago Abdominal pain is pain that is felt in the abdomen.
- Abdomen definition - Digestion and Digestive-Related Information
- Apr 27, 2011 Abdomen: The belly, that part of the body that contains all of the structures between the chest and the pelvis.
- Abdomen - swollen: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
- A swollen abdomen is when your belly area is bigger than usual.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.