- Fordham University's president rejects call to revoke honorary degree
- As I detailed in this April 1 column, a growing movement on the campus of Fordham University seeks to remove an honorary degree awarded to John O. Brennan. The honor was bestowed on Brennan in 2012, when he was assistant to the president for ...
- The Treblinka Gold Rush
- It is a familiar image, one people have seen in countless variations: a group of peasants at harvest time after work, resting contentedly with their tools behind a pile of crops.
- Torturer's Apprentice
- Pope Innocent IV authorized its use by the Inquisition in 1252 in the papal bull Ad extirpanda.
- St Joan of Arc's 600th birthday
- It's the 600th anniversary on Friday of the birth of St Joan of Arc (pictured here in a 15th-century French terracotta), that puzzling and sympathetic figure. We do not know for certain that January 6 was the day, but 1412 was the year.
Ad Extirpanda is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ad Extirpanda books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.