A selection of articles related to aeolian islands.
Original articles from our library related to the Aeolian Islands. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aeolian Islands.
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- On the heaviness of weight
- Mother goddesses of ancient cultures often are voluptuous figures with pronounced breasts and thighs. A successful nowadays paintress fills her canvasses with sensuous, joyful and overweight ladies, and everyone I’ve showed her pictures becomes happy and...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by firstname.lastname@example.org Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- St. Patrick
- The arrival in Antrim of a young Caledonian slave named Succat would hardly seem worthy of historical note, but that slave became St. Patrick, patron saint of Ireland and the person responsible for opening the land to Christianity. Patrick began by converting...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Lavender: Solace and Majestic
- Lavender, the Herb of Air, My friend when I am in despair. I ask Earth's blessing to bestow, As I tend and watch you grow. Strong roots and dainty stems, Bring joy to life when pleasure dims. Wee green bud with purple top, All your uses never stop. From...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary L
Aeolian Islands is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aeolian Islands books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Barberiite, NH4BF4, a new mineral from Vulcano, Aeolian Islands
- American Mineralogist, Volume 79, pages 381-384, 1994. Barberiite, NH4BF4, a new mineral from Vulcano, Aeolian Islands, Italy. ANue Glru.
- AMALFI COAST, SICILY AND THE AEOLIAN ISLANDS
- 3. We have asked some of the world's leading experts to share their highlights of the Amalfi Coast, Sicily and the Aeolian Islands. CRUISING ITINERARY.
- RARE SULFOSALTS FROM VULCANO, AEOLIAN ISLANDS, ITALY
- RARE SULFOSALTS FROM VULCANO, AEOLIAN ISLANDS, ITALY. VII. Cl- BEARING GALENOBISMUTITE.
- Environmental radioactivity at Stromboli (Aeolian Islands)
- the island of Stromboli, belonging to the Aeolian Islands, in the Mediterranean Sea.
Suggested News Resources
- Mt Stromboli lets fly during the eruption of 2003 Source: Supplied
- Our boy finds himself in the Aeolian Islands with his family, packing salami rolls, chocolate, bananas and a red crash helmet. At 6pm, guide Marco gives our group the lowdown.
- Take a breath and...
- Hey guys, next Monday I'll leave for the Aeolian Islands and for the next ten days I do not think I will have the possibility to update the blog as I did before...
Suggested Web Resources
- Aeolian Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Aeolian Islands or Lipari Islands are a volcanic archipelago in the Tyrrhenian Sea north of Sicily, named after the demigod of the winds Aeolus.
- Aeolian Islands travel guide - Wikitravel
- Open source travel guide to Aeolian Islands, featuring up-to-date information on attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, travel tips and more.
- Frommer's Aeolian Islands
- Plan your Aeolian Islands vacation with the Frommer's comprehensive Aeolian Islands travel guide.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.