A selection of articles related to aesculus.
Original articles from our library related to the Aesculus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Aesculus.
- Aesculus hippocastanum
- The substances aescine (from the seeds) and aesculine (from the bark) of the Aesculus treat disturbances in the blood circulation. The horse chestnut is a good remedy for persons who tend to haemorrhoids (piles) and varicous veins with a purple color. The...
Remedies >> Remedies A
- Horse Chestnut: Correspondences
- Aesculus spp. Folk Names: Buckeye Gender: Masculine Planet: Jupiter Element: Fire Deity: Power: Healing, Money...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
Aesculus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Aesculus books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- On trees, traces of life in dead of winter
- Instead, I'd plant the yellow buckeye, Aesculus flava, a large shade tree (70 feet by 30 feet) with a pleasingly coarse branch tracery and hulking terminal buds — it reads really well in winter.
- A celebration of Saskatoon's trees
- If you're after a shade tree with a dense rounded canopy and large, showy cream-coloured flowers, consider the Ohio buckeye (Aesculus glabra), a fine example of which can be seen in the 1300 block of Cascade Street. The common name comes from the ...
- The trees a garden writer would put on his 'Fantasy Flora' team
- Instead, I'd plant the yellow buckeye, Aesculus flava, which is a large shade tree (7o feet by 30 feet) with a pleasingly coarse branch tracery and hulking terminal buds — it reads really well in winter.
- Natural health: Osteoporosis and varicose veins
- The most successful herbal remedy in treating varicosity is horse chestnut (aesculus hippocastanum). It works by restoring tone andelasticity to the venous systems. A.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.