A selection of articles related to african mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the African Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on African Mythology.
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
African Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, African Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A Collection of Curricula for the STARLAB African Mythology Cylinder
- A Look at the African Mythology Cylinder. African Mythology Map. African Skies .
- List of RVCC STARLAB Cylinders African Mythology Biological Cell
- List of RVCC STARLAB Cylinders. African Mythology.
- African Art & Myth
- African Art & Myth. Start here. The first part of the guide offers quick overview of myth and art resources to help you get started.
- THE HEROIC TRADITION AND NARRATIVE STRUCTURE IN
- Secondly, African mythology, legend and oral tradition are pervasive in this epic poetry and this authenticates the history of the people.
- Write Your Own Vulcan Mythology
- In West African mythology, the god of the forge is known as Ogun.
Suggested News Resources
- Sankofa concert links calypso future with past
- The iconic Sankofa bird, a creature of West African mythology, flies forward while carrying its egg and looking backward.As such, the performers were grouped in pairs, representing mentor and student.
- The Horsemen: Riders on the Storm
- I wanted to write, design and illustrate a book on the history of African American superheroes and their connection to African American folklore and African mythology-specifically, the Yoruba religion of Nigeria.
Suggested Web Resources
- African Mythology : Gods, Goddesses, Spirits, Legends from Africa
- Godchecker's mythology encyclopedia. Hundreds of facts... from African Mythology: the Gods of over 70 African tribes.
- African Mythology - MythHome
- Sep 7, 2002 African TimelinesOne quick way to look at the history of a very large continent.
- Encyclopedia Mythica: African mythology.
- Mar 1, 2011 The available articles in the African mythology area.
- Category:African mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "African mythology". The following 145 pages are in this category, out of 145 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
African Mythology Topics
Related searchescatwoman bibliography
intel 8080 description
six flags canada
commutator ring theory
an indonesian cannibal