A selection of articles related to african spirituality.
Original articles from our library related to the African Spirituality. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on African Spirituality.
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- African Violet: Correspondences
- Saintpaulina ionantha Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Powers: Spirituality, protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- A Pledge to Pagan Spirituality
- I am a Pagan and I dedicate Myself to channeling the Spiritual Energy of my Inner Self to help and to heal myself and others. I know that I am a part of the Whole of Nature. May I grow in understanding of the Unity of all Nature. May I always walk in Balance....
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
African Spirituality is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, African Spirituality books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- African-centered spirituality has its place in today's heated political
- Conversely, Temple University professor and Per-aat for the global Afrocentricity International, Dr. Ama Mazama, writes blogs and scholarly articles about a more traditional African-centered spirituality.
- SA: Zim artist fired by deep spirituality
- Last year, Muchatuta exhibited a powerful body of work titled The African Immigration Series, paintings that focused on acts of xenophobia or what he describes as “tribalism” that saw many African immigrants killed in attacks in April.
- Gospel opera to tell Easter story Broadway style
- “They employed the African vocal styles, traditions of African dance and rhythm and African instruments like the tambourine and drums. It was — and is — an open, emotional expression of spirituality.
- Did Hallucinations Help Create Religion?
- Music producers easily fall into the audio side, which might help account for creative and psychedelic output occurring in the trance traditions of African drumming, Gnawa, qawwali, and other traditions.
- From Cuba to Hawaii to Cuba, The Place To Be This Month
- “Many of the Cubans of African and indigenous descent, including my great-grandfather, the Gonzalez family brought with them traditional methods of preparing food and traditional ideas regarding spirituality.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
African Spirituality Topics
andreas grassl tracing the piano man
meaning of dreams about turtle
sigmund freud major works