African Traditional Medicine
A selection of articles related to african traditional medicine.
Original articles from our library related to the African Traditional Medicine. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on African Traditional Medicine.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- African Violet: Correspondences
- Saintpaulina ionantha Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Powers: Spirituality, protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
African Traditional Medicine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, African Traditional Medicine books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 8 Natural Sleep Remedies From African Traditional Medicine
- Africa is gifted with a wide variety of flora, and more than 4,000 plant species are being used for medicinal purposes, according to Health24.
- This Women of Influence honoree is bringing the arts to those who need them most
- Sina-Aurelia Soul-Bowe is the CEO of Roots International Sustainable Enterprises Inc. (R.I.
- White Magic Woman J.K. Rowling: Go Away; Time to Disappear
- Imagine if she wrote about seventeenth century African American magic in North America? Imagine if she included enslaved people in her ...
- Lions Are Making a Surprising Comeback--but Only When They Are Kept behind Fences
- Classified as threatened, lions suffer from habitat loss, depletion of prey, retaliatory killing for real or perceived losses of human life and livestock, poaching for traditional medicine, and more.
- Magnet schools: The answer to LAUSD's enrollment problem?
- Cortines' pro-magnet statement was a direct response to the California Charter Schools Association, which had been calling attention to the fact that LA Unified's charter schools had outperformed the traditional schools on the tests. ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
African Traditional Medicine Topics
Related searchessophia rotaru
servius tullius the census
earth science soil science
the s and m comic book
nintendo 64 specifications
qualitative methods of inquiry