African Witch Doctor
A selection of articles related to african witch doctor.
Original articles from our library related to the African Witch Doctor. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on African Witch Doctor.
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Building Shadows: A Witch
- A witch's Book of Shadows. That mysterious Grimoire that holds all the information a witch will ever need, a volume of all the spells ever written, the magic of the ages bound together with paper and ink…. Poppycock. It is not some ancient arcane book that...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Mabon, The Witch's Thanksgiving
- To Autumn O Autumn. Laden with fruit, and stained With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit Beneath my shady roof, there thou may'st rest, And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe; And all the daughters of the year shall dance, Sing now the lusty song...
Holidays >> Mabon
- African Violet: Correspondences
- Saintpaulina ionantha Gender: Feminine Planet: Venus Element: Water Powers: Spirituality, protection...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary A
- Book Review: A Witch's Book of Dreams by Karri Ann Allrich
- Buy on Amazon Artist and Author Karri Ann Allrich has enriched us all with, "A Witches Book of Dreams." For anyone, who has ever feared or questioned a dream, this is the book for you. I have never seen a book with such an extensive "Dream...
Parapsychology >> Dreams
African Witch Doctor is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, African Witch Doctor books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Primitive African Medical Lore and Witchcraft*
- and paraphernalia of African witch doctors in carrying out primitive medical practices.
- Witchcraft and African Psychology - Bridgewater College
- “witchdoctor” and “superstition” when describing, referring to, and in the majority of cases dismissing elements of African indigenous world view.
- Personal View
- give the witch doctor a training in modern medicine.
- Op-Ed Contributors - The Recession's Racial Divide - NYTimes.com
- Sep 13, 2009 parties,” he is depicted as a befeathered African witch doctor with little tusks coming out of his nostrils.
- Hany Armanious Hany Armanious
- image by Mara Comin courtesy of the Australia Council for the Arts. Hany Armanious.
Suggested News Resources
- Exploring The Twilight Zone #77: The Jungle
- He reminds them that salt being tossed over the shoulder or suspicion about black cats and open ladders is the kind of superstition that's acceptable, even while they find the beliefs of the African witch doctor silly. So what's the real difference?
Suggested Web Resources
- Witch doctor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The witch doctors (incorrect application) in Africa are known as 'sangomas in southern Africa.
- British banking consultant turns South African witch doctor - Telegraph
- Jul 2, 2011 A British banking consultant has retrained as a witch doctor after a gruelling three months' initiation in the South African bush.
- Southern African Witchdoctors
- I come at this from a different angle because I am a witch.
- Mysteries of Africa
- The uncanny healing power of the witch-doctors of Africa are widely treated with respect by the medical profession.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.