A selection of articles related to afro americans.
Original articles from our library related to the Afro Americans. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Afro Americans.
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Afro Americans is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Afro Americans books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- African American/ Native American Bibliography
- "The black white man" : race relations in the American West /. Author(s): Descriptor: African American soldiers -- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century.
- THE STUDY OF AFRICAN AND AFRO-AMERICAN MUSIC
- African and Afro-American traditions in the world of music should come together at a symposium such place in this area between Africans and Afro-Americans.
- A DIRECTORY OF AFRICAN-AMERICAN GENEALOGICAL
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society, Inc.
- Afro-Americans--History--North Carolina
- ABC Board see Craven County (N.C.)—Politics and government.
Suggested News Resources
- Scientists Discovered the Gene behind Asthma Risks in Afro Americans
- In what would surely be the latest medical development to combat this weird disease, scientists have discovered a genetic mutation singular to Afro Americans that could potentially help explicate why blacks are extra susceptible to asthma.
- Afro-Americans say Obama must fix the economy
- US President Barack Obama waves to the crowd as he walks out of Bunch of Grapes bookstore in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts, August 19, 2011.
- Kidney Failure Affects Afro-Americans More Than Whites
- by VR Sreeraman on August 27, 2011 at 3:37 PM Afro-Americans are four times more at risk of developing kidney failure than whites.
- Allen West: US congressman with his heart in the East
- I'd like to see more Afro- Americans come to Israel, because this is part of who we are. This is our holy land, just as it is your traditional homeland.
- Letter: Common senses needed to create good government
- After the US Civil War, with the institution of slavery via enactment of “Jim Crow” laws throughout the south, Afro-Americans were effectively reinslaved.
Suggested Web Resources
- African American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- For the population of recent African origins, see African immigration to the United States.
- Afro-Americans - definition of Afro-Americans by the Free Online
- Af·ro-A·mer·i·can ( f r - -m r -k n). n. A Black American of African ancestry; an African American.
- The Afro-American Newspapers | Your Community. Your History
- Weekly publication for African-Americans in the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area.
- Afro-American History - African American Web Connection
- African American History - record of a race of indomitable people surviving the diaspora.
- The Afro-American
- The Afro-American has crusaded for racial equality and economic advancement for Black Americans for more than a century.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Afro Americans Topics
pitman shorthand hooks
logical conjunction symbol
uechi ryu kata