- Photo Series Celebrates The 'Black Girl Power' Of Brazilian Women
- For the past two years, Brazilian journalist Weudson Ribeiro has been documenting the beauty of Afro-Brazilian women by photographing spontaneous portraits of them in an ongoing project. The result was released this month in a photo essay called ...
- Remembering Nana Vasconcelos, renowned Brazilian percussionist
- The instrument he's known best for — the berimbau — is often used in capoeira, the practice of Afro-Brazilian martial arts. Vasconcelos incorporated it into his music. "It's an instrument that, interestingly, has humble origins," Arcos says.
- Luciana Souza sings, if not speaks, in tongues
- That was the challenge internationally acclaimed Brazilian singer Luciana Souza faced — or, rather, embraced — when she made her striking 2015 album, the Grammy-nominated “Speaking in Tongues.
- Naná Vasconcelos, Brazilian percussionist, jazz legend dies at 71
- A master of the berimbau, a single-string, multi-toned Afro-Brazilian instrument, he is best known for collaborations with Brazilians Milton Nascimento and Egberto Gismonti, Argentine Gato Barbieri and Americans Don Cherry and Pat Metheny.
Afro Brazilian is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Afro Brazilian books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Afro Brazilian Topics
Related searchesamitabha sutra
natural disaster famine
list of minnesota rivers h-k
dream dictionary fireworks