A selection of articles related to age rituals.
Original articles from our library related to the Age Rituals. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Age Rituals.
- What Is The New Age?
- The New Age movement means different things to different people. However, I feel that most all New Age topics have one basic underlying theme. That theme is personal spiritual development. Every day there are thousands upon thousands of people around the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Rituals, invocations and sacred space
- "There is a single main definition of the object of all magickal Ritual. It is the uniting of the Microcosm with the Macrocosm. The Supreme and Complete Ritual is therefore the Invocation of the Holy Guardian Angel; or, in the language of the Mysticism,...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Voodoo Rituals
- Voodoo rituals and beliefs recognize that there is one supreme being who created the earth and the universe much like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam belief that there is only one supreme God.
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Solo, Duo or Group Sex Magick Rituals.
- Many sex magicians prefer to perform their rituals in the form of auto-eroticism and/or having intercourse with a partner. But there are more possibilities and variations. You may wish to take a look at them and consider to implement them in your sex magickal...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Age Rituals is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Age Rituals books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Ritual from the Stone Age to the Present Day
- Stone Age Ritual. Man may have begun some forms of ritual observances even before he achieved his full brain capacity.
- A humanist perspective on… celebrations and ceremonies
- of-age ceremonies, humanist organisations offer alternatives to traditional religious ceremonies.
- Kurgans, Ritual Sites, and Settlements Eurasian Bronze and Iron Age
- Kurgans, Ritual Sites, and Settlements. Eurasian Bronze and Iron Age. Edited by.
- Coming of Age Ceremonies / Mask Project This interdisciplinary
- traditional coming of age ceremonies with mask making. It is designed for middle school classrooms. (grades 6 through 9).
- Bar Mitzvah Research
- the globe. The modern bar mitzvah has evolved and grown from these early rituals. Ancient coming-of-age rituals usually involved some sort of initiation.
Suggested News Resources
- Imbizo - My Debate: Observe and write about rituals more carefully
- “Coming of age customs for women in the spotlight” (18 August 2011), written by six persons of Children's News Agency, lacks research and in-depth critical analysis of the southern-eastern Bantu-speaking people's coming-of-age rituals.
- Opinion: Coming of age
- Coming-of-age rituals across many cultures often include separation from society, solitude in the wilderness and a basic physical fight for survival. These conditions allow young men to prove themselves mature.
- Editorial – A Weekend in Grime Tweets (29th-31st July 2011)
- Forget all your other coming-of-age rituals, kids. All you need is 45p and you're set. Sometimes peoples just need reminding what the norm is, tell 'em Flava.
Suggested Web Resources
- 6 Strangest Coming of Age Rituals in the World
- Sep 15, 2009 Obviously, the article above only covered coming of age rituals for men.
- Coming of age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The age at which this transition takes place varies in society, as does the nature of the transition.
- Coming of age rituals in many faiths and cultures
- Jun 6, 2004 Coming-of-age ceremonies are held when a child or youth becomes recognized as an adult for the first time.
- Coming-of-Age Rituals in Africa: Tradition & Change | ANNIKA S
- by Annika S. Hipple Prudence International Magazine Vol. IV #1 (Fall 2008) * In Nigeria, young girls known as iriabo spend several weeks in fattening.
- Notes from Teen Health 411: Coming of Age Rituals
- The life cycle can be categorized into three different stages: childhood, adolescence and adulthood.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.