- South Asia: Tethered to the Middle East; Southeast Asia: Tethered to China
- Almost all overland invasions of the subcontinent have come from the west, instead of the east (one exception, again being the Ahoms, who founded the Assamese state). East Asia is essentially cut off from India by forests and swamps.
- Tai Ahoms seek direct NRC inclusion
- GUWAHATI: Leaders of the Tai Ahom community said members of indigenous ethnic groups, including tribals, should be included in the National Register of Citizens (NRC) without verification of documents or the need for legacy data. "Why should indigenous ...
- Lachit Borphukan: Remembering The Ahom Hero On His Birthday
- One was the asylum given by the Ahom king to the hill chiefs of Dhanikal fleeing from the tyrannical Bengal subedar Qasim Khan Chisti. Towards December 1636, Kamrup was occupied by the Mughals, though a gallant resistance was put up by the residents ...
- Centre's move of constituting high powered committed on ST status is heights
- The six communities include Moran, Motok, Chutia, Koch Rajbongshi, tea tribe and Ahoms. Gogoi said discussion are going on since 2014 however now the Centre has decided to constitute a committee which will submit report within three months.
Ahoms is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ahoms books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.