Ai Khanoum Architecture
A selection of articles related to ai khanoum architecture.
Original articles from our library related to the Ai Khanoum Architecture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ai Khanoum Architecture.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Magick and Science
- Many people wonder how magick works. To the non-believer, they say that there is no proof that spells work. And those abilities such as telekinesis are illusionary or product of imagination. They ask us to use scientific means to explain how exactly these...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Ai Khanoum Architecture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ai Khanoum Architecture books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Indian Sage who developed Atomic Theory 2600 years ago
- With palaces of 5 to 7 floors high.with complex architecture to withstand earthquakes. They had ...
- The ghosts of ancient Afghanistan
- They partially excavated the city, clearly Hellenic in its art and architecture, until the Soviet invasion drove them away in 1979, leaving the site to be torn apart by looters.
- What lies beneath
- Such was the Hellenic city now known as Ai Khanum, built around 300BC in Bactria, at the very frontier of the Greek sphere of domination, a whole year's march from Athens. Its ground plan was excavated by French archaeologists in the 1960s and a neat ...
- Afghanistan, at British Museum, Seven magazine review
- From these Bronze Age survivals, the exhibition leaps forward in time to the period of Alexander the Great and the Greek settlement at Ai Khanoum.
- Afghanistan: Crossroads of the Ancient World, British Museum, review
- Fast forward 1,700 years to the Hellenistic city of Ai Khanum (Lady Moon), founded by one of Alexander the Great's generals in 300BC at the easternmost reaches of his empire near the border with Soviet Central Asia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Ai Khanoum Architecture Topics
Related searchesstephen greenblatt
art general characteristics of art
dream dictionary latin
sterling silver mint mark theory
spontaneous human combustion quotes