A selection of articles related to ailill.
Original articles from our library related to the Ailill. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Ailill.
- Who Were the Celts?
- The Celts were a group of people that occupied lands stretching from the British Isles to Galatia. The Celts had many dealings with other cultures that bordered the lands occupied by these people, and even though there is no written record of the Celts...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Ailill is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Ailill books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Voyage of Mael Duin - Beyond the Ninth Wave
- Between them both there was a noble boy, Mael Duin, son of Ailill. ... "Ailill of the Edge of Battle was thy father," saith she, "of the Eoganacht of Ninuss.
- download pdf 0.6 MB - Viking Age Information for Primary Schools in
- “And the seven handsome sons of Ailill” aksed Cainén son of Faílbe,. “where did ... Cormac Cas [the curly] son of Ailill Áulomm attacked Eochaid.
- Common Characters in the Ulster Cycle
- Ailill – Married to Medb; the Ri of. Connachta. Findabair – The daughter of Medb and.
- This course - Trinity College Dublin
- 'Is de atá lim' bar Ailill, 'ar it ferr-su indiu quam in lá thucusa thu.' 'Ba maith-se remut ar Medb'.... On one occasion when Ailill and Medb had retired to their.
- Atticus Retells The Wooing of Étaín - Kevin Hearne
- rare beauty named Étaín, daughter of a regional king named Ailill. By many accounts,. Étaín was the most desirable woman in Ireland, and they probably would ...
Suggested News Resources
- Findabair est un personnage de la mythologie irlandaise. Fille de la reine Medb et du roi Ailill Mac Mata, on conte son histoire dans de nombreux écrits tels que « La razzia des vaches de Cooley » (Táin Bó Cúailnge).
- One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson chooses ancient Irish name for his
- He is first appears in historical records, when he receives a portion of land alongside his brother Ailill, making them both Lords. Unhappy with his lot, the following year Conchobar killed his brother, taking the extra land for himself.
- 'Why would I want to date you? I'm already married to you. Would that not be a
- Ross, I'm talking about me and you going out for dinner with her and her husband, Ailill.” I'm suddenly confused. I'm there, “Okay, I'm possibly being a bit thick here.
- Midsummer - Honoring Áine and the Other Crowd
- As a fairy queen, she was the daughter of the king of Cnoc Aine; one Samhain her father was killed and she was raped by Ailill Aolum and she maimed him in return, removing his ear and rendering him unfit to rule.
Suggested Web Resources
- Ailill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ailill (Ailell, Oilioll) a popular male given name in medieval Ireland and may refer to: Ailill mac Máta, legendary king of Connacht and husband of queen Medb ...
- Ailill mac Máta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ailill and Medb had seven sons, all called Maine. They originally had other names, but after Medb asked a druid which of her sons would kill Conchobar, and ...
- Ailill Aulom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ailill Ollamh (or Oilill Olum) in Irish traditional history was the son of Mug Nuadat and was a king of the southern half of Ireland. Sadb ingen Chuinn, daughter of ...
- Ailill - Meaning of Name Ailill - Pronounce Ailill Irish Boy Name
- Meaning of the name Ailill. Listen and learn how to pronounce Ailill so you can get the correct pronunciation for this boy name.
- Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Ailill
- Means "elf" in Irish Gaelic. This name occurs frequently in Irish legend, borne for example by the husband of queen Medb.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesthird way centrism criticism
antimony notable characteristics
the last emperor plot
dholuo language consonants
sudan chad-sudan conflict
doc holliday final illness