- Elias writer of the oppressed
- Akhtaruzzaman Elias is difficult and ambiguous. His language is turgid and his narrative tortuous. His characters spout dirty, uncivilised curses.
- National Film Award 2014 announced
- The film is an adaptation of Akhtaruzzaman Elias' acclaimed work Raincoat. On the other hand, Ferdous Ahmed bagged the best actor award for his role in Ek Cup Cha while the best actress award was shared between Moushumi (for her role in Tarkanta) and ...
- “Meghmallar” at Toronto International Film Fest [WATCH TRAILER]
- “Meghmallar”, the feature film by Zahidur Rahim Anjan based on Akhtaruzzaman Elias' short story “Raincoat”, will be screened at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), to be held in Toronto, Canada from September 10-20.
- MEGHMALLAR: Where silence speaks louder than words
- Set during the monsoon of 1971, “Maghmallar” -- based on Akhtaruzzaman Elias' short story “Raincoat”-- depicts the interplay between fear and courage, hope and despair. On the opening evening, Finance Minister AMA Muhith was present as chief guest, ...
- Paving the way for writers
- Stories of Akhtaruzzaman Elias and Narendranath Mitra, the two masters of modern Bengali literature, haven't seen quality translation for a long time.
Akhtaruzzaman Ilias is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Akhtaruzzaman Ilias books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Akhtaruzzaman Ilias Topics
Related searchesrocas atoll
south china sea
russian humour black humour
dream symbol common dream
cockney rhyming slang